joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th - 26th Potential Threat Discussion

goombatommy

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very tough call, but I think if you look at Missouri and in particular, the St. Louis area, you get a pretty good preview of what to expect here tomorrow. That would mean basically snowy, but just wet in center city Philadelphia, a slushy inch or two in the NE part of the city and Mt. Airy. Would probably approach 4” to 6” through central Bucks and Montgomery counties. 

A very tough call, but I think if you look at Missouri and in particular, the St. Louis area, you get a pretty good preview of what to expect here tomorrow. That would mean basically snowy, but just wet in center city Philadelphia, a slushy inch or two in the NE part of the city and Mt. Airy. Would probably approach 4” to 6” through central Bucks and Montgomery counties. 

I'll point out that the models have generally been colder out there... 

Might be noteworthy that where the snow has just started in the mid Atlantic it's already sticking to roads and side walks. TWC also showed a shot of St.Louis where it was 50* yesterday and raining all day today, just changed over to snow and in about an hour ground is covered and the interstate they showed was already slushy. With light to moderate snow at best.  

Might be noteworthy that where the snow has just started in the mid Atlantic it's already sticking to roads and side walks. TWC also showed a shot of St.Louis where it was 50* yesterday and raining all day today, just changed over to snow and in about an hour ground is covered and the interstate they showed was already slushy. With light to moderate snow at best.  

ST LOUIS INTL  HVY SNOW  33  30  88 N17G24    29.62F VSB 1/4 WCI  22    

Yea it definitely picked back up but when they panned out on that live shot it was NOT heavy snow. Regardless I still think it's sticking to surfaces quicker than people probably thought. Roanoke same thing via the Mid Atlantic forum. Not sure of rates there but temps were still a degree or two above freezing.  

Here's a quick rundown of Mt Holly NWS chatter

1. very dynamical system

2. closed 500 mb low moving in

3. models trending wetter closer to coast, NAM may not be as silly as we thought.

4. Ratios will be low, heavy precip rates needed

5. Tony having lots of "fun" with this today on short term

Of course I can't go into details about potential products issued untill after they are issued.

Here's a quick rundown of Mt Holly NWS chatter

1. very dynamical system

2. closed 500 mb low moving in

3. models trending wetter closer to coast, NAM may not be as silly as we thought.

4. Ratios will be low, heavy precip rates needed

5. Tony having lots of "fun" with this today on short term

Of course I can't go into details about potential products issued untill after they are issued.

thanks for the 5 rundown's  :)

Archived