joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th - 26th Potential Threat Discussion

goombatommy

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z gfs more in line with the 0z EURo, with a lighter Qpf field overall. If base expectations off of those numbers compared to the NAM and Canadian camp, especially with the potential for a quicker occlusion. (Sorry if I haven't been posting much, I'm just not that excited about this threat, but call me snake bitten)

I'm rooting for this one, because I'd enjoy the excuse to come home (since I can for this one), but I'm not excited either.  0Z GFS ensembles were more amped than the op...  and there's the GGEM... 

well its friday and this is coming late sunday / early monday so close to decision time,  #sand or #snow? ;):)

I think 1-3 is doable in the suburbs west and southwest of the city, perhaps into Philly (Mount Airy, Chestnut Hill) and the immediate northern burbs. There might be a trend north on that by the time I put a map up in a couple of days but I'm not enthused with much more than that.

The *good* thing is that it is coming in at night...that's the saving grace between this being something and nothing.

I think 1-3 is doable in the suburbs west and southwest of the city, perhaps into Philly (Mount Airy, Chestnut Hill) and the immediate northern burbs. There might be a trend north on that by the time I put a map up in a couple of days but I'm not enthused with much more than that.

The *good* thing is that it is coming in at night...that's the saving grace between this being something and nothing.

This is a huge plus for this one.

Elliot Abrams this morning on KYW - "If I was tied to a stake to give a prediction, I'd go with 3-6 inches"

:(

I guess Elliot is a fan of the GEM and NAM

Why not its been most consistent. Euros been bumping the low way north and then say south every other run. Euro was consistent for over 14 runs for last Mondays storm. Now it's not.

:(

I guess Elliot is a fan of the GEM and NAM

Yea I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. IF he was going only based off a GEM/NAM solution he would be forecasting 4-10/8-12. Most ensembles of the GFS/EURO are more robust than the op which only give us a couple of inches. So I would say a good blend of everything would be right around 3-6" IMO.  

Why not its been most consistent. Euros been bumping the low way north and then say south every other run. Euro was consistent for over 14 runs for last Mondays storm. Now it's not.

There are a lot of variables on the table with the energy transfer, strength of the primary, etc...

Canadian *may* be right but it also has an historical bias towards overamping.

I wouldn't say 3-6 in the city specifically either given elevation for 40% of the city is under 100'...but that's just me.

May be a situation where the Airport is trace because of mixing, etc. and Mount Airy is at 3"...that would seem more plausible than a 3-6" blanket (IMO).

Canadian *may* be right but it also has an historical bias towards overamping.

I *hope* the Canadian is right... I'd LOVE to come home for that.  Verbatim its probably a foot for the city.

But I wouldn't bet on it.  Not at this stage, anyway.

Yea I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. IF he was going only based off a GEM/NAM solution he would be forecasting 4-10/8-12. Most ensembles of the GFS/EURO are more robust than the op which only give us a couple of inches. So I would say a good blend of everything would be right around 3-6" IMO.  

Given the temperatures and timing I think 1-3" for the city and 2-5" for north and west seems more reasonable IMO. Obviously a lot could change, but anyone who's looking for over 6" from this storm is pretty much dreaming at this point. 

Given the temperatures and timing I think 1-3" for the city and 2-5" for north and west seems more reasonable IMO. Obviously a lot could change, but anyone who's looking for over 6" from this storm is pretty much dreaming at this point. 

With all the information given at this time I would say that's a very plausible idea. Hate to beat a dead horse but this sun is going to kill amounts if it falls during the day.  

Honestly... anyone in the city who is thinking 1-3" is doing some wishful thinking at this point. Which isn't to say it can't happen, just that the odds are against it (hence the "wishful" part).

Honestly... anyone in the city who is thinking 1-3" is doing some wishful thinking at this point. Which isn't to say it can't happen, just that the odds are against it (hence the "wishful" part).

Well if the CMC and NAM have got any clue I think 1-2" in Philly isn't too unreasonable. At this point I think its the suburbs which have a chance to cash in. If EURO hops on board I'll be more optimistic. I_nw_g1_EST_2013032212_084.png

yes ggem looks great but be aware it has been correcting south every run the last 24 hours one more correction and it's in line with the ecm

Not really. It was the first model to have this system even remotely this far north and was considered to be an outlier. This run is almost identical to 0z and I would argue that it has been the most consistent model over the past 3 major runs. While I do think this run is overamped. You gotta admit that it's been pretty darn consistent with this storm.

Well if the CMC and NAM have got any clue I think 1-2" in Philly isn't too unreasonable. At this point I think its the suburbs which have a chance to cash in. If EURO hops on board I'll be more optimistic. 

The problem is that you think the NAM might have a clue.

Archived