joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I opined 6 to 12 thats kool , I wouldnt have to wait ... But when I say nothing because I believe the dynamics will b off the playing field tonite and I dont believe the NAMs norlun tomrrw , not kool ? ok just checking

I think Eastern Long Island has a chance at 4 inches of snow before it ends , but not the city thats all

no.because most of the models give NYC more than one inch..It's a March storm..rain falls in most March snowstorms..let it play out first

These storms make us manic, euphoria when we think we are going to get a 20 inch blizzard to depression when it looks like we're going to get screwed, then back to euphoria when it goes back to the original expectation.

Someone should write a thesis on the mob mentality mental disorder prevalent in this sub-forum during these type events.

Admittedly the models are awful with this storm. The problem is not enough people here realize the models are not end all be all and climo and analogs are part of good well rounded meteo. I agree Upton is bullish but trust me they are on to something and it is highly doubtful they will fail as bad as Sterling.

THE EVENT HASNT HAPPENED YET STOP PRETENDING YOU HAVE A TIME MACHINE (not directed at anyone in particular)

The rgem is a great event for everyone for the 2nd event.

But the problem is that the rgem is not good past hour 24. I would use caution using the rgem past hour 24.

Through hour 24, it's the single best model in the world, IMO. Better then the euro.

I guess we like to use short range models like the NAM and RGEM beyond their best range and  it can often

lead to disappointment. Within 24hrs is really their sweet spot anyway.

I guess we like to use short range models like the NAM and RGEM beyond their best range and  it can often

lead to disappointment. Within 24hrs is really their sweet spot anyway.

Rgem is right in between the euro and NAM through 7am tomorrow.

Euro has .32"

NAM has .66"

Rgem has .47"

WSWs cancelled for DC/Baltimore

I feel bad for those guys-yesterday's models looked pretty solid for them. I think the daytime worst of the storm hurt quite a bit. The east flow brought quite a bit of warmth in below 850 as well.

It also wasn't purely a CCB...there are gaps between their banding, so they couldn't stay consistently cold

Ugh all those reports from this forum. Guys, keep this thread about the storm. Not mod talk or talking about anything else unrelated. That's what banter threads are for. If people continue to violate this I'm going to have to whip the paddle out 1950s style.

Lol 1970s paddles would be more friendly though I'm sure :/

Not horrible since the Euro is on the lower end of the snow spectrum with the models. 

Actually if you look at it across the board all the models other than the meso's which are higher agree with that pretty much if you include the inverted trough.

I feel bad for those guys-yesterday's models looked pretty solid for them. I think the daytime worst of the storm hurt quite a bit. The east flow brought quite a bit of warmth in below 850 as well.

Yea I feel bad as well.  My parents got absolutely blasted (we are about 150mi SW of DC) with 18-24", power out everywhere there.  Seems like the I-64 corridor between WV and Richmond and the I-81 corridor between Winchester and Lexington did well.  Everyone else got majorly screwed.

Archived