joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual alot of Complaining in here day of storm  since people don't see Ripping Snow right out of the gate. Crazy as Storm approaches still not even sure what to expect as far as Pcip type and Amount. Also looking at Radar does not look like a Huge storm amazing that models are predicting this to stick around in one form or another for 48 hours ? Just looking at it you would think it would be a 12 hour storm but obviously between Block, Development of storm and inverted Trough later on this think sticks around alot longer according to the models. 

Lies. I'm 4.7 :P

But quite honestly that map is downright silly and wrong. NYC will get DIY or what NW NJ gets ? More like 1/4 of what they will get !

Not bashing the NWS but Upton is gonna end up changing that map big time come tonight.. 4-5" for Orange County through Fri morning? Pretty much every model has the trough dumping good snows up here not to mention the the roided NAM which could actually be right for once.

These maps are becoming almost useless it seems....it can show 2" apt over an area and end up with only an inch of snow and 0.5" over another area and they'll get 7" snow. This storm seems to rely very heavily on elevation/temp. I'm at 42 but NW NJ still around freezing

The GFS did pretty well the precip amounts in the short range with last week's storm.

We may only be able to accumulate around half the actual snow that falls with the warmer

temperatures to start and the best UVV's to our East.

Funny how we have a strengthening coastal system yet out chance comes way after it passes lol. Not saying that's wrong it's just rare. I would think some areas may meet blizzard conditions ?

All U do is complain and always point out worst case Scenario as far what storm can and cant do.For example I always notice from you minutes after a model shows 6 inches lets say you will post so it should be 2 inches if things work out. That type of posting seems like Trolling.  If it is raining 12 hours from now than yeah than start complaining. This storm obviously is not for those without patience as there is a  chance 2nd half or Trough tomorrow night could be main event so it could be a day and a half of whining and complaining around here.

Archived