• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

Thanks AG3 some of the numbers being given earlier in here were way off, you should be the only one allowed to give euro qpf:)

Good luck down there!

People look at SV maps which are horrendous for qpf numbers.

The euro still basically SUCKS for NYC because the precip is light and comes in small increments of .07"-.12" and it adds up to .32" through 7am tomorrow morning.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro still basically SUCKS for NYC because the precip is light and comes in small increments of .07"-.12" and it adds up to .32" through 7am tomorrow morning.

Yeah it;s the worst solution, but .32" is alot better than ZERO, which is what I heard from others on another forum(which is incorrect). the EURO is probably 1-3" for me, a blend of everything is 2-4/5", since EURO is the only model below .5" with the coastal(GFS close, maybe it's .45)

-skisheep

That's not going to do it. That would essentially be white rain near the city. Inland or away from the heat island would be maybe 1-3".

Even though Mets don't want to admit it, it seems like the 12z NAM is out peforming 12z Euro right now.   Just look at the 6 hour forecasts on both models.  Euro barely has any preciin in SNJ.

Mount Holly even says the storm is over performing currently with stronger winds along the coast...they also say the storm should linger for days.    (they obviously don't seem to be taking 12z Euro for granted)

Any professional thoughts on this are appreciated. Mets preferred.   As much as people hate on the NAM, it seems to be winning so far.

That's not going to do it. That would essentially be white rain near the city. Inland or away from the heat island would be maybe 1-3".

I don't think the euro is any accumulating snow at all for the city. Rates are too weak. Eastern LI gets better rates on the euro and they might see 1"-3".

The rgem agrees with the euro also. And has about 1" for the city and 1"-3" for LI, with pockets of 4"-6".

Is it just me or does the storm look like it's not really moving - at least per the radar.

That's what kills us. The storm is stopped in it's tracks by the confluence to the north. Then the Lakes vort catches up to it and essentially kicks it ENE and mainly misses our area.

Is it just me or does the storm look like it's not really moving - at least per the radar.

Its hung up or at the last its crawling under the confluence , it will slide east over time and take the guts of the system with it,

Re start in New England ..

CPK will not see an inch of snow from this event IMO ....

I don't think the euro is any accumulating snow at all for the city. Rates are too weak. Eastern LI gets better rates on the euro and they might see 1"-3".

The rgem agrees with the euro also. And has about 1" for the city and 1"-3" for LI, with pockets of 4"-6".

The RGEM puts a lot more stock in the second wave to deliver for us. With that it had up to 1.0" of liquid as snow in spots on LI.

That's what kills us. The storm is stopped in it's tracks by the confluence to the north. Then the Lakes vort catches up to it and essentially kicks it ENE and mainly misses our area.

The lakes vort then eventually stops the storm again for a short period and that's how SNE gets dumped on.

Essentially, that little lakes shortwave kicks the storm out and screws us, while then destroying Boston after it passes us.

Very bad luck.

The RGEM puts a lot more stock in the second wave to deliver for us. With that it had up to 1.0" of liquid as snow in spots on LI.

The rgem is a great event for everyone for the 2nd event.

But the problem is that the rgem is not good past hour 24. I would use caution using the rgem past hour 24.

Through hour 24, it's the single best model in the world, IMO. Better then the euro.

Its hung up or at the last its crawling under the confluence , it will slide east over time and take the guts of the system with it,

it most be very entertaining for you to be here for every event telling us is not going to snow. Drop it already..we know is a difficult system. We know we possibly wont get anything.stop it gets old after a while.

Sounds good in theory but what about some of the Models showing 1 to 1.5 QPF does that not happen either or will it be mostly rain ? Curious to see the SREF and Nam coming up soon to see if they backed off or not.

Let the event finish

So if I opined 6 to 12 thats kool , I wouldnt have to wait ... But when I say nothing because I believe the dynamics will b off the playing field tonite and I dont believe the NAMs norlun tomrrw , not kool ? ok just checking

I think Eastern Long Island has a chance at 4 inches of snow before it ends , but not the city thats all

Archived