joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might exceed 18" in some places in NJ.  Again, it's the NAM and might crush us again.  Remember, the Euro had such a small amount w/ the trough!!!

BTW, the EURO is greatly underestimating the precip amounts, but the NAM is overdoing it. I'd lean closer to the NAM while being in-between both solutions.

What a cutoff at the PA/NJ line.  Parts of NJ could see 3 or 4" and the Lehigh Valley/Poconos might not see a flake!

Local philly mets on television (good forecasters) said all along it won't be snowing till evening and did'nt have much snow for the LV or Poconos.

The PROBLEM for me is that the NAM and other short range models are really in their LONG range w/ regards to the trough.  We all know how that played out w/ the NAM. 

Insanely cautious optimism is necessary w/ this run.

Earthlight, are their recent analogs with a feature like this and how it was modeled?  Seems like it's a tough thing to model...

must you say interior in every one of your posts. we all know you live nw

this is a monster hit for everyone

Not really concerned with the city or LI.. Same can be said when someone from LI goes "how much for Western Suffolk" lol.. Keep it movin

My post are directed at those in the interior. If you don't like don't read.. Very simple

Archived