joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AEvery model except the Goofus and Euro are more wetter for the trough.

Troughs are hard brother . They are usually now forecasts , so when you see em modeled you should treat suspect . its not like we dont want it to happen , but the model thats giving you hope over the next 24 hrs , just pulled the football away from you this morning .

The NAM is you`re LUCY ......jk brother

Troughs are hard brother . They are usually now forecasts , so when you see em modeled you should treat suspect . its not like we dont want it to happen , but the model thats giving you hope over the next 24 hrs , just pulled the football away from you this morning .

The NAM is you`re LUCY ......jk brother

The next few models runs will be interesting to see where the trough sets up.

ECM is bone dry, and has the storm practically over already for NNJ.

what to do...throw it out ?

Hey most in here say Ride Euro.. Even though most models show 1 + QPF for same areas where Euro is Dry.  Earthlight just posted that one Short Range Model that usually does very well inside 24 hrs looked very good. I think it is time to start nowcasting and see if what is happening outside is matching up to models.

Funny how we have a strengthening coastal system yet out chance comes way after it passes lol. Not saying that's wrong it's just rare. I would think some areas may meet blizzard conditions ?

All U do is complain and always point out worst case Scenario as far what storm can and cant do.For example I always notice from you minutes after a model shows 6 inches lets say you will post so it should be 2 inches if things work out. That type of posting seems like Trolling. If it is raining 12 hours from now than yeah than start complaining. This storm obviously is not for those without patience as there is a chance 2nd half or Trough tomorrow night could be main event so it could be a day and a half of whining and complaining around here.

King willy..:my post here was about how rare it is that we could get the accumulation FOLLOWING the coastal and not from it. So exactly what you said I should look forward to is exactly what I JUST SAID. So admit that you took what I said wrong, and be more positive Wilbur.

for reference i just looked at the 6hr forecast from 1pm to 7pm on the 12z euro. For the eastern delmarva, its has 0.1-0.25in of precip. With those yellows and oranges on radar right now consistently streaming in, this is likely going to be way off. I have no idea if this has any implications for us but the euro is way off with precip right now in that area. 

Its best to go with high-res models honestly IMO .They all seem to have a better consensus than the mid to long range models. Maybe someone can correct me if they think otherwise. It's really bad when you have so many different solutions like this the day of the storm.

Agree , the Jump was always a possiblity . the confluence is enough that its erroded the precips Northward movement , the best Dynamics tonite with the SLP should slip by to our South and East overnite and then you open the firehouse into New England as it turns NE ... So you may see the 20 inch amounts in the MTNS OF VA and then a foot of Snow west of Boston , and very little here in the end .

I dont buy the NAM period .

No one should ever buy the NAM, for any reason. :lol:

The writing was sort of on the wall with the dual-QPF max structure being depicted 2 days ago and more recently with the SE trend on the ULL, but hopefully we can luck out tonight with some of the CCB. Wish this storm could just GTFO already if all it's going to do is kick up the surf and cause flooding which no one needs, and snows enough to whiten the grass and that's it. The second part is just too unstable and too unreliable to be confident in.

ECM is bone dry, and has the storm practically over already for NNJ.

what to do...throw it out ?

Hey most in here say Ride Euro.. Even though most models show 1 + QPF for same areas where Euro is Dry. Earthlight just posted that one Short Range Model that usually does very well inside 24 hrs looked very good. I think it is time to start nowcasting and see if what is happening outside is matching up to models.

There is a thread pinned for now casting and observations. If you do not want to discuss model output please post only in that thread.

No one should ever buy the NAM, for any reason. :lol:

The writing was sort of on the wall with the dual-QPF max structure being depicted 2 days ago and more recently with the SE trend on the ULL, but hopefully we can luck out tonight with some of the CCB. Wish this storm could just GTFO already if all it's going to do is kick up the surf and cause flooding which no one needs, and snows enough to whiten the grass and that's it. The second part is just too unstable and too unreliable to be confident in.

Yeh 4 ft surge -long duration , prob thru multiple tide cycles

Yikes, according to NE forum the EURO is only .25" for KNYC, and nothing tonight. I'm inclined to toss it, since every other model(NAM/GFS/GGEM/RGEM/SREFS/Assorted Meso's), have close to .5"+ here tonight, but I hate going against the EURO...

It is having major issues down south though it looks like, so who knows.

-skisheep

There is a thread pinned for now casting and observations. If you do not want to discuss model output please post only in that thread.

Don't tell me what to do when all you post is nonsense and bring nothing positive to the Table. Keep your trolling elsewhere. Like I said I have been following your act all winter long so it is not just with this storm.

Don't tell me what to do when all you post is nonsense and bring nothing positive to the Table. Keep your trolling elsewhere. Like I said I have been following your act all winter long so it is not just with this storm.

Ok I'm not going to get in an argument with a kid here. If all you have to do is follow me and my posts, you need a hobby such as meteorology? Mods if u can move our silly posts to the banter, it'd be appreciated. Will here has been a member a couple of weeks and posted nothing but banter. Review my last posts if necessary. I've said nothing whining, etc. many have but I actually haven't.

Yikes, according to NE forum the EURO is only .25" for KNYC, and nothing tonight. I'm inclined to toss it, since every other model(NAM/GFS/GGEM/RGEM/SREFS/Assorted Meso's), have close to .5"+ here tonight, but I hate going against the EURO...

It is having major issues down south though it looks like, so who knows.

-skisheep

Incorrect. The euro is .32" through tomorrow at 7am. And another .30"-.40" after.

Work in progress as I try and recover the maps that were on eastern, a pc thats crashed and a laptop that was lost at LAX airport. Post somereal-time images, loops, etc if you got 'em

Surface;

sat_sfc_map_loop.gif

Radars"

usa_None_anim.gif

shd_None_anim.gif

Visible:

sat_vis_ne_loop.gif

sat_vis_us_loop.gif

Water Vapor

sat_wv_hem_loop-12.gif

sat_wv_west_loop-12.gif

Temps:

ustemp.gif

ruc00hr_sfc_temp.gif

Pressure Maps

sfc_con_3pres.gif

upper Air

Ok I'm not going to get in an argument with a kid here. If all you have to do is follow me and my posts, you need a hobby such as meteorology? Mods if u can move our silly posts to the banter, it'd be appreciated. Will here has been a member a couple of weeks and posted nothing but banter. Review my last posts if necessary. I've said nothing whining, etc. many have but I actually haven't.

OK first off, I have actually been a member for a few years(different username in past ).Why do U think I mentioned how show up for very storm and than downplay everything from start to finish. Secondly I have been posting about the Models and what they are showing so its not banter when its part of the storm discussion thread. Banter would be this silly argument your having with me. FYI- I am not a kid and it's not Wilbur either.  

Archived