Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verizon has been disseminating messages from the Emergency Alert System for at least a year.  Maybe some other carrier finally just started doing them?

That was the NSA doing that as part of their public service duties...

anyway, I have AT&T and just got the flash flood warning alert...first one i recall getting...

That was the NSA doing that as part of their public service duties...

anyway, I have AT&T and just got the flash flood warning alert...first one i recall getting...

Same here. However doesn't seem like anyone else got one. Maybe it was because my phone is 215 and the rest of my families is a 610.

Lol no forecasters were. This forum for some reason every time dry weather sets in the drought word gets thrown into the mix. One past poster who is no longer with is was famous for it.

"dry weather." If we go 8 days without rain, the drought mongers come out

Lol no forecasters were. This forum for some reason every time dry weather sets in the drought word gets thrown into the mix. One past poster who is no longer with is was famous for it.

I've noticed this too that when our area sees an extended period of below normal precipitation, our area's media is quick to drop the d-word as summer approaches. 

lol at anyone who even suggested a drought... I think those prospects became quite clear once the pattern shifted mid winter.

My wilted peppers and tomatoes with rotted stems certainly aren't saying drought.   And after today, it's curtains

for the garden.   Can't even get plants to replace them this late.  Been too wet entire season to get beans and corn

planted.    Might as well forget corn too this late - at least the Indian corn I grow for the veggie stand - it needs 110 days.

There is a mentality that equates lawn unfriendly conditions to full blown drought....this mentality gets very upset when confronted with the actual technical definition of a real drought, especially the time it takes for a true one to develop

My wilted peppers and tomatoes with rotted stems certainly aren't saying drought.   And after today, it's curtains

for the garden.   Can't even get plants to replace them this late.  Been too wet entire season to get beans and corn

planted.    Might as well forget corn too this late - at least the Indian corn I grow for the veggie stand - it needs 110 days.

the past 5 summers have been rough for gardening... either too hot or too much rain

Bricks on 309 in quakertown still has decent amount of maters though not much of a variety left. Picked one up for late season on the deck garden

I really like this container gardening and being immune to the periodic drenching wet months we have become prone to since 2000

One drop is hard to spot... you might've missed it.  Look harder ;)

LOL! Maybe one fell in the next block down. I'll have to ask someone when I see them later on today... :D

On a serious note though, it did rain about 10 miles south of me according to a co-worker, but I don't know if it was significant or not.

Going to miss it in my MR forecast by a couple days. As usual, I was too quick with my progression.

:rolleyes:

Don't beat yourself up!

I'm hoping to get into some +10C h7 temps next week and get some real freakin' CAPE for once.

Archived