• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

.3" rain and a few distant rumbles. Was the comparison to sandy for today with stormy conditions and power outtages really necessary on last nights local news stations?

I was hearing from people warning about the coming tornadoes and power failures last night and was like huh?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.3" rain and a few distant rumbles. Was the comparison to sandy for today with stormy conditions and power outtages really necessary on last nights local news stations?

I was hearing from people warning about the coming tornadoes and power failures last night and was like huh?

Yeah i had one lady talking to me as if there was going to be tornados all over the place today. Had another person tell me she saw multiple funnels when the line moved through.... I want to drive my head through my monitor on days like this and I'm stuck at work.

Yeah i had one lady talking to me as if there was going to be tornados all over the place today. Had another person tell me she saw multiple funnels when the line moved through.... I want to drive my head through my monitor on days like this and I'm stuck at work.

i guess we can wait untill 0z for a possible second flare up before we go end of world cancel today

I just tell the folks that they need to be informed ---doesn't mean that it will happen.  I hear many weather professionals use the word "potential"  in their forecasts.  Maybe some of these people need to learn the meaning! You may never get everyone educated.  At least to this weenie, I am grateful no d word or iso tor word came close to the area.  Who wants power outages for days?

There's plenty of "drama" in weather. It is most unfortunate that it happens after an event.  It has no place in forecasting whatsoever.  I never buy into the hype.  I always just lurk here and observe.  You guys do a great job in this forum.  Thank you!  Di

Archived