Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

JB just put out his winter outlook today. He is going with a cold and snowy winter.

No way! Such a huge shock, so out of character and just unbelievable that JB is predicting a cold and snowy winter again for the east. Who would have thought??

Agree that JB always goes cold and snowy, but I do think he's right about next year as long as the warm water stays on the west coast. If that goes, we torch with no -NAO

Even if the pdo goes negative by the start of next winter, and the ssts go ice cold along the west coast and the goa, JB will still hype and wishcast a cold and snowy winter like the uber weenie he is.

Even if the pdo goes negative by the start of next winter, and the ssts go ice cold along the west coast and the goa, JB will still hype and wishcast a cold and snowy winter like the uber weenie he is.

That is true.  Look at 11-12. The water out the was a freezer and he went cold and snowy only to end up with a historic warm snowless winter.    He always looks for the cold option.

Some of you should just keep a low profile .  

You guys said the same thing last year , in the fall and in fact early on this past winter only have egg on your face and look like morons in the end . 

The guys crushed the last 2 winters here and did it from a distance .  

His forecast for next winter is a  cold and snowy one in the East .  Then  Joe thinks the SSTs break in the Pac and the next few winters that follow 15/16 will be above normal.... Then I bet you guys will love him huh ..... 

Some of you should just keep a low profile .

You guys said the same thing last year , in the fall and in fact early on this past winter only have egg on your face and look like morons in the end . 

The guys crushed the last 2 winters here and did it from a distance .  

His forecast for next winter is a  cold and snowy one in the East .  Then  Joe thinks the SSTs break in the Pac and the next few winters that follow 15/16 will be above normal.... Then I bet you guys will love him huh ..... 

Couple of things, he nailed the 2nd half of last winter.   His Dec and 1st half of Jan were less than stellar. 

In the end, he made his numbers, but there were calls for a flip as early as Mid Dec that did not verify.

-

the question about the winters that follow 15/16, will JB actually go warm and snowless in his forecast?  He had the same set of parameters (cold eastern pac) in 01-02, 05-06 and 11-12 and went cold and snowy all 3 and busted horribly.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-he needs to nail a warm and snowless winter...but can he keep his fingers off the cold/snowy key on the keyboard??????  Since 2000, he has gone warm and rainy one time...(I think 07-08 maybe?)   He partially verified on that one-missed a cold December.  If you don't think JB doesn't always look for the cold/snow option in the face of overwhelming warm signal, not sure what to say....

Couple of things, he nailed the 2nd half of last winter.   His Dec and 1st half of Jan were less than stellar. 

In the end, he made his numbers, but there were calls for a flip as early as Mid Dec that did not verify.

-

the question about the winters that follow 15/16, will JB actually go warm and snowless in his forecast?  He had the same set of parameters (cold eastern pac) in 01-02, 05-06 and 11-12 and went cold and snowy all 3 and busted horribly.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-he needs to nail a warm and snowless winter...but can he keep his fingers off the cold/snowy key on the keyboard??????  Since 2000, he has gone warm and rainy one time...(I think 07-08 maybe?)   He partially verified on that one-missed a cold December.  If you don't think JB doesn't always look for the cold/snow option in the face of overwhelming warm signal, not sure what to say....

He called for a Cold Nov , he was below normal for the 1st 2 weeks of Dec in the face of a SE RIDGE at 500mb ( $%^& crushed all you dopes that followed the early NOAA guidance in early Dec ).

Then he was 2 -3 weeks to fast with the call for a NEG EPO . It did not get going until Jan 15 . He was relentless in his comparisons to 78 and its late start .  He could not have been more spot on last winter .  He was not a little right , he was really right .

You in particular could not have been more wrong over the past 2 winters and I am not sure why you are even commenting about a guy who was spot on last year  .

You were one of the chief screamers through mid Jan on how everyone was going to bust .

My suggestion to you is just sit back and wait . 

He called for a Cold Nov , he was below normal for the 1st 2 weeks of Dec in the face of a SE RIDGE at 500mb ( $%^& crushed all you dopes that followed the early NOAA guidance in early Dec ).

Then he was 2 -3 weeks to fast with the call for a NEG EPO . It did not get going until Jan 15 . He was relentless in his comparisons to 78 and its late start .  He could not have been more spot on last winter .  He was not a little right , he was really right .

You in particular could not have been more wrong over the past 2 winters and I am not sure why you are even commenting about a guy who was spot on last year  .

You were one of the chief screamers through mid Jan on how everyone was going to bust .

My suggestion to you is just sit back and wait . 

Indeed.   But you didn't answer my question about JB always seeking out the coldest and snowiest scenario.   I do think he'll be right next year for the record.

Indeed.   But you didn't answer my question about JB always seeking out the coldest and snowiest scenario.   I do think he'll be right next year for the record.

Yes , he has a cold bias , waits to long to admit he is wrong  and if awful on the edges of storm .

Just saying being critical so early 

Yes , he has a cold bias , waits to long to admit he is wrong  and if awful on the edges of storm .

I'm not critical at all of next year, I think he's right unless the west coast pool of warmth goes away, but it looks damn persistent.

Yes , he has a cold bias , waits to long to admit he is wrong and if awful on the edges of storm .

JB making a winter forecast in the opening days of May is really ill advised. We have 8 months almost before December

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived