Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 23-24 OBS Thread

free_man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro did set the bar for you guys, Glad it worked out, Some of last nights post were uncalled for, These troughs scenarios are a forecast nightmare as you know to well, But can't go on what has happened on the past, This one had decent model support a couple days out

Meh, a few "storm cancel" or criticisms about our forecast won't bother me (unless we made a legit mistake or laziness, etc). I'm usually my own harshest critic anyway.

This event should be a good lesson that not all inverted troughs produce a skinny heavy band of precip while everyone else gets light amounts. Usually when decent synoptic moisture and upper level support is there, these types of inverted troughs can produce large areas of warning snow.

This event should be a good lesson that not all inverted troughs produce a skinny heavy band of precip while everyone else gets light amounts. Usually when decent synoptic moisture and upper level support is there, these types of inverted troughs can produce large areas of warning snow.

I dually noted that from your comment yesterday in the middle of some of the model mayhem, This one performed over a much wider area, It was modeled pretty well i thought over the last 2 days

It was epic, I missed more school that month then any year throughout

The coop in Reading, MA near Ray had 64" that month...destroys any record month here in ORH...that is really impressive. I think its a top 3 monthly total all time for anywhere in MA for coops/airports.

The coop in Reading, MA near Ray had 64" that month...destroys any record month here in ORH...that is really impressive. I think its a top 3 monthly total all time for anywhere in MA for coops/airports.

PWM could conceivably climb to 2nd snowiest February if the midweek storm pans out, and still be a foot less than 1969.

This storm had some good mid levels going for it which helped reduce the middle finger potential. Definitely not a sharp inv trough that we think of, but the low level convergence wss there with N-NE winds vs NW winds.  It went as expected here anyways. 

This storm will be remembered for bringing out some of the more hair pulling forecasts I've ever seen from local outlets. 

I dually noted that from your comment yesterday in the middle of some of the model mayhem, This one performed over a much wider area, It was modeled pretty well i thought over the last 2 days

I think it was eduggs the other day who was poopooing this event and saying that you can't count on a weenie NORLUN band for heavy snows. I tried to tell him that synoptically this inverted trough would look much better for a larger area.

I think it was eduggs the other day who was poopooing this event and saying that you can't count on a weenie NORLUN band for heavy snows. I tried to tell him that synoptically this inverted trough would look much better for a larger area.

A lot of poo pooing from areas not getting snow. Boo hoo.

Archived