• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm Part II

earthlight

. When I busted your balls earlier today and said the nogaps was dry like the euro and that it was a red flag you totally dismissed it because it didn't support your snowstorm hope, now you say the nogaps is a red flag because its amped and supports the idea of a snowstorm. Stop it man , really

Welcome to Americanwx lol

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. When I busted your balls earlier today and said the nogaps was dry like the euro and that it was a red flag you totally dismissed it because it didn't support your snowstorm hope, now you say the nogaps is a red flag because its amped and supports the idea of a snowstorm. Stop it man , really

Why should someone take you seriously when you're admitting to posting something just to bust balls?   You're already trolling a board you just joined?   And...I, too, would welcome you to amwx if I really thought you were new to the site.

The nogaps Navgem looks roughly similar to the GGEM:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_single.cgi?area=nvg_namer&dtg=2013021500∏=500τ=060&set=Allhttps:

Forget the surface depiction... which is light to moderate snow for this area and a long duration major snowstorm for SNE.  The surface parameters are the least reliable on the Nogaps.  But the model can still be useful.

54 hours is 6z Sunday morning...that definitely screams 2nd wave to me. 

But yeah, the 2/23/89 analog does look similar. 

The nogaps doesn't really separate the two waves at the surface.  This is similar to what many of the SREF members had been doing this morning.  I don't buy it of course.. I think two distinct areas of precipitation are more likely.  Regardless, the Nogaps' mid and upper level panels support a moderate hit from the main energy... similar to the GGEM.

Some good dicussion about the NavGem but does it suffer from the same progressive bias as the Nogaps?

The upgraded Nogaps has gotten better and better over the years, but it is not intended for local surface weather forecasting.  I have always thought the "progressive" label was an oversimplification and the non-surface parameters seem to offer utility.  It probably still does suffer most of the same biases as the Nogaps.

It's not necessarily a miss....looks better than the 12z run but doesn't bring the low up the coast like the GFS. I have a hard time discounting the GFS and GGEM this close in.

Its way faster it appears, basically has the low at 48 hours where the GFS does at 54...I would think some precip has to make it over the area from what I'm seeing but I don't have the maps

Its way faster it appears, basically has the low at 48 hours where the GFS does at 54...I would think some precip has to make it over the area from what I'm seeing but I don't have the maps

yes and due to the speed/ lack of blocking/ progressiveness, it misses East. Not quite sure I buy this lock stock and barrel quite yet .

EDIT: Though without that 50/50 ....

Lol must suck bc i was gonna post the same thing before you did....if it was a decent hit this thread would not be dead right now

So do we call the last GFS a burp run as well? If the Euro had jumped onboard then the GFS would be more believable but doesn't seem to be the case. Is it time to put this treat to bed or should we believe the GFS is into something? PT, any thoughts on this?

So do we call the last GFS a burp run as well? If the Euro had jumped onboard then the GFS would be more believable but doesn't seem to be the case. Is it time to put this treat to bed or should we believe the GFS is into something? PT, any thoughts on this?

I think it is onto something. The Cmc also showed a similar outcome and the ggem(upgraded) did so too, to a bigger extent.

I'll answer that with a question. How often is the Euro dead wrong at 48hrs?

Archived