• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm Part II

earthlight

BTW the radar looks EXACTLY as it did on 2/24/89, we were discussing how close of an analog storm this is, basically shift that band in SE NJ 50 miles west or so and its a match, also had that NNW movement which made you think we were gonna get crushed up here.

I was just about to ask, that band looks to be coming west a tiny bit

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mt. Holly is gonna probably have some advisory amounts there if that band slides onshore, the 2/2004 storm that narrowly missed us up here a mega band got onshore briefly in Ocean County and someone picked up 3 inches in one hour.

The snowband is so close that you can see the wall of reduced visibilities offshore....only in winter 2012-2013. See you next year.

NNow we know how Eastern PA felt during many a storm over the last couple of years when NJ is getting blitzed just to their East..a la boxing day blizzard.  

By the way....what would cause those moving streak like objects going from Northeast to Southwest on the radar that SACRUS posted???

So close

anim_nrc.gif

I can't be here all day, every day. It's extremely disappointing that so many people don't think before they post. There are so many posts here that add nothing to the discussion. It's even more disappointing because myself and the other mods in here work very hard to keep things organized.

Unfortunately it looks like we're going to be forced to start handing out 5 post per day restrictions.

John, FWIW, I do appreciate what you do. This forum is tough.

Archived