12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm Part II

earthlight

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is jumping on it because it got an upgrade. Sorry but that is not a good enough reason. Not enough time for statistical evaluation. I can tell just based on the water vapor that this is following the GFS. 1-3" for Islip, 3-6" for Montauk.

Actually, the RGEM has been a good short term model for a long time.

Everyone is jumping on it because it got an upgrade. Sorry but that is not a good enough reason. Not enough time for statistical evaluation. I can tell just based on the water vapor that this is following the GFS. 1-3" for Islip, 3-6" for Montauk.

People have been touting the RGEM well before the upgrade.  Again, try and know a few things before spouting off about them.  A poster here (tgaman) has been posting RGEM runs forever and it has proven to be a pretty good model overall, well before the upgrade.  Now it should be even better, making your argument have even less weight.

Actually, the RGEM has been a good short term model for a long time.

There is no need to look at it when you have the GFS and Euro. Whatever, just watch it play it out, mabye take a road trip to see the good stuff. I'm already annoyed by how close it's going to get. On the inside, I don't want my thoughts to verify because it would mean the closest fringe in years.

People have been touting the RGEM well before the upgrade. Again, try and know a few things before spouting off about them. A poster here (tgaman) has been posting RGEM runs forever and it has proven to be a pretty good model overall, well before the upgrade. Now it should be even better, making your argument have even less weight.

Higher resolution correct?

There is no need to look at it when you have the GFS and Euro. Whatever, just watch it play it out, mabye take a road trip to see the good stuff. I'm already annoyed by how close it's going to get. On the inside, I don't want my thoughts to verify because it would mean the closest fringe in years.

It is annoying how close this storm will be to our area. Maybe we will pull a miracle later on. I doubt it though.

JMA with the legendary coup?

:weenie:

it isn't all that much different from the euro.  the JMA is often deceptive with its pastel color scheme, it tends to look more potent than it is in reality. Even if it verified verbatim, we are only talking .25-.35 liquid out on long island and sharply less to the west.

it isn't all that much different from the euro.  the JMA is often deceptive with its pastel color scheme, it tends to look more potent than it is in reality. Even if it verified verbatim, we are only talking .25-.35 liquid out on long island and sharply less to the west.

Yeah now that you mention it you're right...I've never really taken a close look at it (well, bc its the JMA lol)...and always just assumed it used the same QPF coloring as the GFS since they do use the same colors.  But they don't nearly match up to the same QPF amounts to the same colors I now see.  I had just assumed the dark blue was 0.5" + etc.

It's sunny out..I have seen a few flurries so far,.what's the deal with this event?..is it just hype?

Give it time...since I moved to Long Island in 1971...one thing to remember is that most of these storms get started somewhat later than progged...and the tendency is to start badly and end well.

Archived