• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm Part II

earthlight

How many more model runs is it going to take for some folks on here to realize that outside of New England and eastern Long Island that this is not going to be a snowstorm for the NYC metro area? I mean seriously, this is making some people look silly now, it's not happening, we are beating a dead horse. Let's move on if you don't live in eastern Long Island or New England and talk about tonight's event or next week's threat

It depends on how high your standards are. I'll track anything with snow.....will be surprised if NYC escapes without 1" of wet snow. Looks like another epic coastal, this will be a good test for the models.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the latest guidance, I think we are looking at 4 to 10 inches of snow from Islip east and near blizzard conditions setting in towards Saturday afternoon with strong northerly winds, very cold temperatures, and considerable blowing and drifting snow.         

...pretty bold call there,wiiliam..hope your right..even though that would

kill my sat. nite behind the 'stick'..

Maybe I could see the Twin Forks getting some of it but no further unfortunately. The body of the trough is just too far east for us.

It's amazing, I would love to discuss tonight's mesoscale event pushing it 's way towards NYC right now, yet we are still arguing over whether the 0z runs tonight are wrong for not showing a snowstorm in manhattan tomorrow and that it can't possibly miss downtown NYC, I just don't get it, it's a lost cause, let it go. Let's discuss next week if you don't care about tonight's wave anymore

It's amazing, I would love to discuss tonight's mesoscale event pushing it 's way towards NYC right now, yet we are still arguing over whether the 0z runs tonight are wrong for not showing a snowstorm in manhattan tomorrow and that it can't possibly miss downtown NYC, I just don't get it, it's a lost cause, let it go. Let's discuss next week if you don't care about tonight's wave anymore

...you made your point..twice actually..but

some of us are Islanders and some of us are

interested in this..so chill.

This thread is running about 1/3 talk about the cool band pushing through western Jersey, 1/3 about the snow possibilities further east tomorrow and 1/3 you whining about both.  Give it a rest.

...you made your point..twice actually..but

some of us are Islanders and some of us are

interested in this..so chill.

read my post again if I lived on Long Island I'd be excited too, I was referring to the wishcasters who have zero chance at a snowstorm but still think they do. Long Islanders have a good snow shot ahead of them tomorrow :)

read my post again if I lived on Long Island I'd be excited too, I was referring to the wishcasters who have zero chance at a snowstorm but still think they do

Who cares if people still think that they are going to get  a snowstorm. Heck, I am not giving up until 12z tomorrow.

This thread is running about 1/3 talk about the cool band pushing through western Jersey, 1/3 about the snow possibilities further east tomorrow and 1/3 you whining about both.  Give it a rest.

The band is only cool if it makes it through NYC ... at least some folks will get some snow!

Archived