mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm Part II

earthlight

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im 5 minutes south of you down Canistear Rd.. Barry lakes, Highland Lks,, Laurel Lk, Cliffwood Lk, we're the snow capital of NJ.YesHigh Point and Sunrise Mt. are higher, but vertually no one lives there.

i remember driving through colesville a couple of years ago when I went to see my cousin, talk about a small town lol

Im 5 minutes south of you down Canistear Rd.. Barry lakes, Highland Lks,, Laurel Lk, Cliffwood Lk, we're the snow capital of NJ.YesHigh Point and Sunrise Mt. are higher, but vertually no one lives there.

Dude..why are your snow totasl snow much higher on average it seems? J/k

I got 1.2 the other night and I saw you reported 2. The dump the other weekend was nice.

I looked at a few homes in  the Barry Lakes area, but decided to buy in Highland Lakes. Barry Lakes in north by around 3-5 miles. Is that where you report from?

Hoping to get get one more decent dump this year. Hopefully a late season elevation storm.

Br,

Matt

Dude..why are your snow totasl snow much higher on average it seems? J/k

I got 1.2 the other night and I saw you reported 2. The dump the other weekend was nice.

I looked at a few homes in  the Barry Lakes area, but decided to buy in Highland Lakes. Barry Lakes in north by around 3-5 miles. Is that where you report from?

Hoping to get get one more decent dump this year. Hopefully a late season elevation storm.

Br,

Matt

1.2" to 2" is not a big differance in a event like that. Iits where the very localized banding set up. Western Passaic Co. had the same obs. Sometimes being 5 miles south of u works out, sometimes it dont.Lol! In the end it usially evens itself out. Comin down god right now. Driveway getting white. Same by you?

1.2" to 2" is not a big differance in a event like that. Iits where the very localized banding set up. Western Passaic Co. had the same obs. Sometimes being 5 miles south of u works out, sometimes it dont.Lol! In the end it usially evens itself out. Comin down god right now. Driveway getting white. Same by you?

Mt Holly just upped the game 3-4 possible tonight

Maybe I was wrong the arctic front is moving slower so as the storm intensities the moisture runs up further west and the storm tracks a little further west.  I am thinking of adding some snow to my forecast.

The disturbance tonight possibly being weaker would have impacts too, the weaker this disturbance the more likely we may see the trough pushed further offshore.

It somehow bypasses NYC and dumps on New England.

Like late-bloomer storms of this type are supposed to do. This isn't a storm that favors us in any way. There's no reason to get excited unless you live on the eastern New England coast and inland maybe to Providence or Worcester. Time to move on-this isn't our storm.

Like late-bloomer storms of this type are supposed to do. This isn't a storm that favors us in any way. There's no reason to get excited unless you live on the eastern New England coast and inland maybe to Providence or Worcester. Time to move on-this isn't our storm.

I remember when a lot of people were loving this storm for the area. One run of the GFS was close with a MECS. Everyone was talking about a possible triple phasing storm.

I don't think this is the correct solution, it may come another 25 miles west. The shortwave over Texas is pretty decent. Could just mean a closer miss but a major system for Eastern LI.

Maybe I could see the Twin Forks getting some of it but no further unfortunately. The body of the trough is just too far east for us.

Maybe I could see the Twin Forks getting some of it but no further unfortunately. The body of the trough is just too far east for us.

Looks good down here actually, i'm only expecting 1-3". SE VA could get 3-6" if their BL isn't very warm. The only people that care about it are in this sub-forum so that's why i'm here.

Based on the latest guidance, I think we are looking at 4 to 10 inches of snow from Islip east and near blizzard conditions setting in towards Saturday afternoon with strong northerly winds, very cold temperatures, and considerable blowing and drifting snow.         

How many more model runs is it going to take for some folks on here to realize that outside of New England and eastern Long Island that this is not going to be a snowstorm for the NYC metro area? I mean seriously, this is making some people look silly now, it's not happening, we are beating a dead horse. Let's move on if you don't live in eastern Long Island or New England and talk about tonight's event or next week's threat

Archived