• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 18th-19th Wintry Storm

wisconsinwx

Some lightning strikes over southeast Iowa where it's all snow, so some thundersnow there.  Another report of quarter to half dollar flakes in Burlington IA. 

38 with moderate rain here.  Should be changing over shortly.  All snow already in DVN.

EDIT:  Large flakes at my dads on the east side of the QC.

Wow, half dollar flakes. 

Snow shouldn't have an issue sticking on the semi frozen ground here. Still 2-3" of snow on the ground. Down to 42°.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better get cold FAST if anything sticks here--ground is a muddy sponge in Kenosha

If it could do it here it can there.  Was in the mid 50s earlier, and then had quite a bit of rain.  Rained pretty hard all the way up to the changeover.  Looked like it was gonna have a hard time sticking until the intensity really ramped up. 

Wish it was daytime.  Snow is sticking to all the trees.  What a tremendous change compared to 6hrs ago.  Looks like a winter wonderland out there now.

If it could do it here it can there.  Was in the mid 50s earlier, and then had quite a bit of rain.  Rained pretty hard all the way up to the changeover.  Looked like it was gonna have a hard time sticking until the intensity really ramped up. 

Wish it was daytime.  Snow is sticking to all the trees.  What a tremendous change compared to 6hrs ago.  Looks like a winter wonderland out there now.

Sound awesome!

Looks like the cold front runs from Waukesha to just west of DeKalb right now. RAP is saying just after 9pm change over, but looks like it will be quicker.

Haha, I doubt we'll see much other than a quick changeover to white slop.  Would be very surprised if we get anything more than a dusting in the grass.  Some of the banding shown on some of the high-res models is interesting, but think they're way overdone.

Hard to believe it could be snowing here in 6hrs.  It's 56 out there right now.

Haha, gonna be close.  Back edge already approaching.  Don't know if we'll get much more than around an inch, but at least it was interesting out there for awhile.  :thumbsup:

Bust. ;) Congrats.

Could not believe the intensity of that snow falling out there earlier.  Wow.  I had to run to the store for a few things and it was spitting a snowflake here and there with the rain, so I knew the changeover was approaching fast.  Well I get out of the store around 5-530 and wham, snowing like the world was coming to an end, much harder intensity than the GHD storm here even.  Heard a couple quick rumbles of thunder too.  Friend from Galesburg called and said it was snowing flakes as big/bigger than half dollars and the hardest she'd possibly ever seen it snow.  She measured three inches with her ruler in her front yard, so I believe it. 

A nice little surprise system...now on to the dud for the end of the week....

A little windy

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

755 PM CST MON FEB 18 2013

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0630 PM NON-TSTM WND DMG BRIDGEVIEW 41.74N 87.81W

02/18/2013 COOK IL NWS EMPLOYEE

25 FOOT TALL LIGHT POLE BLOWN OVER ONTO CAR IN A PARKING LOT NEAR 63RD AND HARLEM.

Archived