12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 18th-19th Wintry Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This winter has been cutter crazy.... Good winter for western Wisconsin and the UP.

Well then, get UP there get making tracks dude! Your sig says you need another 650 to reach your goal! No time like the present. Heard conditions are a dream for sledders right now!!

I'm heading up to northern Ontario Wednesday for a 900 mile loop.

Get to the higher elevations away from Lk Ontario and RAP has quite the little thump tomorrow. Probably overdone but it does seem to be handling the placement of that defo snow in IL/WI reasonably well. 

acsnw_t7sfc_f18.png

It's going to be a very close call between all rain or a wet snow/rain mix changing into a thump of heavy snow. The 12z Euro snowfall map from Wunderground gives us over an inch of snow tomorrow morning.

I'd say with melting, compaction, and actual accumulation on the ground we've had about 1.3" or pretty close to that figure. 

Yeah the 1.1" here is extremely dense.  Definitely won't be going away anytime soon.  Was pretty wicked out there for a time.

Power keeps going on and off here.  Heard there's lots of outages around as well.  All this snow caked to everything, and now with the high winds it's getting pretty awful out there. 

All in all a pretty impressive little storm system here.  Nice to have an overachiever for once.  Probably ended up being more fun than what's coming for Thu.

Little recap....HIt 56 early afternoon (MLI hit 57).  Picked up 0.38" of rain as the temps dropped off.  Quickly changed to heavy wet snow that clung to everything.  Only picked up 1.1" but it has a high quality feel to it due to the very dense 6:1 type snow it was.  Trees/power lines are still caked with a lot of snow despite the high winds.  Temps plunged well below freezing before the highest winds hit, and the wet nature of the snow has allowed it to freeze to everything.  The unfortunate aspect of that has been an annoying power outage situation here on and off the last few hours.  Worth it though I guess.

Temp has plunged all the way back to 22 now.  Almost a 35 degree drop since noon.

All in all a pretty impressive little storm system here.  Nice to have an overachiever for once.  Probably ended up being more fun than what's coming for Thu.

Little recap....HIt 56 early afternoon (MLI hit 57).  Picked up 0.38" of rain as the temps dropped off.  Quickly changed to heavy wet snow that clung to everything.  Only picked up 1.1" but it has a high quality feel to it due to the very dense 6:1 type snow it was.  Trees/power lines are still caked with a lot of snow despite the high winds.  Temps plunged well below freezing before the highest winds hit, and the wet nature of the snow has allowed it to freeze to everything.  The unfortunate aspect of that has been an annoying power outage situation here on and off the last few hours.  Worth it though I guess.

Temp has plunged all the way back to 22 now.  Almost a 35 degree drop since noon.

Eventful day. Even smaller intense systems can be redeeming. I see your station is down to 22º. Kinda impressive after torching not too long ago.

Yeah wind chills are down into the single digits already.  Crazy day.  I see the cold front is at your doorstep. 

Cold. Nice.

Looks like a midnight "warm" high on the way for LAF. I hate those.  

Temp keeps rising here late tonight, up to 47.5º at my place.

Archived