Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 13-14th Potential Winter Storm Threat Discussion

Zir0b

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from ORH_wxman in the SNE subforum wrt 12z UKMET...

Ukie is also a scraper...looked a shade juicier, def adivsory snow from the pike south...maybe even low end warning lollis.

Sounds like a good hit for this region given it reaches SNE 

Strongly disagree. The Euro has been following the leader with this storm, which has been the GFS. Given the synoptic features in place -- 50/50 low, large mid level ridge on the west coast, PV positioned NW of Hudson's Bay, the pattern favors higher heights off the east coast and more amplification of the sern stream wave IMO. The SREFS are unreliable beyond the short range and really shouldn't be utilized as a clue to what the NAM may do in the future.

Additionally, this storm should be a moderate to possibly significant snow for someone on the east coast IMO, and that potential does extend into the PHL/NYC metro areas.

If the Euro come on board you will be correct. But we have seen the NAM and GFS performance outside 60 hrs can't be

trusted for winter storms recently. The Euro may come north still but it would probably result in a compromise between

the GFS  and UKMET.

That was 2010 I believe. It insisted on a very sharp NW cutoff that none of the other models were really showing. I went to bed with a WSW for 4-8" and woke up at 3 AM to a purely virga storm as the cut off was about I-80. I got nothing, not even a single flake.

No. This isn't 2010. The NAM was alone, in consistently showing a big hit for everyone and it verified.

True but once dark we should accumulate.

Rossi

with snow cover already on the ground - will accumulate right away - except for pavement which will take a while to cool down - last time we had snowfall on top of snow cover was January 2011 - doesn't happen around NYC metro very often and there is a chance of more snow on top of everything this weekend if that storm comes our way..........

If the Euro come on board you will be correct. But we have seen the NAM and GFS performance outside 60 hrs can't be

trusted for winter storms recently. The Euro may come north still but it would probably result in a compromise between

the GFS  and UKMET.

kind of dangerous to say the Euro will lead the way every storm ...........

Archived