Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 13-14th Potential Winter Storm Threat Discussion

Zir0b

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great leap for the Euro . Can`t remember last time i saw the Euro get beat this badly . Usually when it spits the bit in the mid range . the other models have missed it too. This time it was the last one through the door .

the event hasn't happened yet but GFS has dominated this one so far. Has shown a hit for this area since 150+ hours out 

Great leap for the Euro . Can`t remember last time i saw the Euro get beat this badly . Usually when it spits the bit in the mid range . the other models have missed it too. This time it was the last one through the door .

Going from no precip to only .25 is not really a beat. If we get closer to .5, then it will be significant. The Euro can sometimes

underperform with weaker systems but usually not strong ones. You saw the ensemble mean further north than  the OP

last night which was the clue. But it did not come all the way on this run. The last big miss by the Euro was Boxing

Day on that Friday run.

Going from no precip to only .25 is not really a beat. If we get closer to .5, then it will be significant. The Euro can sometimes

underperform with weaker systems but usually not strong ones. You saw the ensemble mean further north than  the OP

last night which was the clue. But it did not come all the way on this run.

If you look at H500, it made major shifts toward more amplified guidance. It certainly wasn't just a tick.

It wouldn't surprise me if this kept trending in future runs-I don't see much to the north of it that stops it from amplifying. A lot of times, these systems keep trending north unless the kicker catches up to it, or confluence to the north increases significantly. We're almost 48 hours out, so hopefully tonight we can start locking in whatever happens. Preliminarily I'd say 5-10" if we have a more amplified GGEM/NAM type storm-which I think is quite possible here. We might lose some initial QPF from warm initial conditions but it goes to a heavy wet paste quickly.

last night which was the clue. But it did not come all the way on this run. The last big miss by the Euro was Boxing

Day on that Friday run.

It's still a north trend towards the other models.

Day on that Friday run.

The Boxing day storm was caught by the Euro 1st a week out and then it lost it , like i said remember they all lost it 2 - 4 days out , then the GFS re caught it 1 st before ncep said ignore it .

I love the Euro , its a beat IF 5 straight days of driving a slp SE off the coast , while the GFS was steadfast , then 2 days out bringing .25 up . Its a 500 mile treck north in 24 hours is a beat .

If this was the GFS we ( I ) would be telling the world about its SE bias and that it sucks , so Im just trying to be fair here .

I live and die with the Euro , regardless of how much QPF i think its a beat

i think considering the type of pattern we are in right now, supporting more of a amplified solution; we could definitely see a moderate snowfall out of this.  Mother nature likes to go through cycles and I think we are in a cycle where we can be hit mutiple times... i guess we will find out this the midweek storm and the weekend coming up.

DT on facebook is such a joke. He refuses to believe that any north trend is taking place. He really takes it hard when his initial predictions don't pan out.

Tell him he`s right , theres no northern trend the NAM and GFS havent moved in 6 days

Archived