Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a break from driving to Boston. Should be epic up there this time tomorrow. There was about .2 this morning at home when we left.

You were going to Marlborough, right? That was where I was thinking if I had decided to go. Good luck!

Tree guys are here. What a miserable day for them. The rain has stopped, but everything is soaked and dripping.

0.21" precip, 35.5 degrees

WHITINSVILLE MA 25-40" 

• Today Snow. High near 30. Breezy, with a east wind 13 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northeast wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
  • Saturday Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 21. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

That would be a blast to experience. 

Roanoke County - Woodbridge/Russlein Farms neighborhood.  Near South Salem School but in Roanoke County.  Measuring off my back deck so don't have to really go out in it too much.

Great surprise snow.  Looks to be winding down.  Where are you?

I'm over in SW City - Raleigh Court area. Ended up with 4 inches or so IMBY.

Surprised to see the snow reports just to the west in Leesburg.  Had 0.1" of sleet here in Clarksburg then some decent ZR (0.03").  From an overnight low of 30.1F, temps slowly rose to 32.1F at 8am.  Last hour and a half, temps have dropped to the low for the day; 29.7F on an east wind of 8mph.

P.S., was that a gravity wave that ran thru an hour ago?  Bombing lows are typical propagators.  Go here and click 96:

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/

Surprised to see the snow reports just to the west in Leesburg.  Had 0.1" of sleet here in Clarksburg then some decent ZR (0.03").  From an overnight low of 30.1F, temps slowly rose to 32.1F at 8am.  Last hour and a half, temps have dropped to the low for the day; 29.7F on an east wind of 8mph.

P.S., was that a gravity wave that ran thru an hour ago?  Go here and click 96:

I thought I was good for atleast a coating of snow up here but only got a little zr and sleet. Hoping for a few snow showers to swing through later. Feels vey raw out there today.

In all seriousness....I'm genuinely happy for NYC and BOS.  Yeah, I'm jealous and I was PO'd yesterday...who the f wouldn't be?  But they are like us....they want snow.  It's not their fault we're getting the screw, so why not live vicariously through them?  I've been watching their news stations and reading their AFD's.    As a weather lover, it's exciting.  

P.S., was that a gravity wave that ran thru an hour ago?  Bombing lows are typical propagators.  Go here and click 96:

Surprised to hear your temps have dropped. Got 0.5" in Frederick and my temps have now risen to 33.3F. Even the elevations above 1500' in Frederick are showing 31-32 range.

In all seriousness....I'm genuinely happy for NYC and BOS.  Yeah, I'm jealous and I was PO'd yesterday...who the f wouldn't be?  But they are like us....they want snow.  It's not their fault we're getting the screw, so why not live vicariously through them?  I've been watching their news stations and reading their AFD's.    As a weather lover, it's exciting.  

Same here. My bark is louder than my bite. It is quite an event and I'll be watching coverage and obs just like everyone else. 

btw- nice whiney weenie hammer drop in the nyc subforum. lolz

Ok.  I'll admit that I have TWC on for the next 24 hours without sound.  I can't help myself.  Want to see the Cantore meter stick buried.  "NEMO" or not, it's amazing to watch the meteorology of this storm unfold.  Still holding out hope that the Tommy T RPM gives us 2-4 of wrap around.  Doubt it, but I'll hang on for it.  I mean what else do I have?

Surprised to hear your temps have dropped. Got 0.5" in Frederick and my temps have now risen to 33.3F. Even the elevations above 1500' in Frederick are showing 31-32 range.

Me too.  I did a little checking and the closest weatherbug sites (Clarksburg HS and Little Bennett ES) are at 30.1 and 30.8 after highs of 32 and 33 respectively so while it is local, it's not just a MBY thing.  I'm at just under 600' in elevation.

Archived