EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2/4-2/5 Lt. Snow Disco/Obs Thread

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does but still Verbatim I'm in .15-.2 3hr accum precip. Not saying it's right but that would be something. +sn for at least an hour I would assume. 

none of the clippers have even dropped .1 at any of the airports so getting up there would be 'huge.'

this one does seem to want to have more spillover rather than just development east of the apps..

none of the clippers have even dropped .1 at any of the airports so getting up there would be 'huge.'

this one does seem to want to have more spillover rather than just development east of the apps..

It's unusual. You can see the area of good vv's in the winchester/leesburg area just pop. Hard to say if it's worth biting too much at this point but dammit one of these has to surprise. You can't get like 50 clippers in 50 hours and not have something unexpected in a good way happen. And I'm not talking about getting .4 when you weren't expecting much of anything. That doesn't count. 

It's unusual. You can see the area of good vv's in the winchester/leesburg area just pop. Hard to say if it's worth biting too much at this point but dammit one of these has to surprise. You can't get like 50 clippers in 50 hours and not have something unexpected in a good way happen. And I'm not talking about getting .4 when you weren't expecting much of anything. That doesn't count. 

HRRR at least half less interesting. RAP is probably too wet.

not that it deserves a bad rap (pun intended), but didn't the RAP do lousy with the last clipper I think giving DCA and IAD well over .10" qpf?

yesterday? i didnt look at qpf but it never looked all that exciting.  it did pretty well on sat and had the idea of the stripe right on fri but had the heaviest a bit too far west.

I think the rap does a good job picking out enhancement in a relatively organized system (using this term loosely). A broken up ragged system is different. I'm not sure where this one stands. It's like a more organized broken up and ragged system or an organized system that isn't very organized. 

I agree about too wet. .30? nah. But it is hinting at some enhancement and good rates. That's probably worth keeping an eye on. 

Here's the vv's @ hr 9:

attachicon.gifvvshr9.JPG

yeah.. kinda mixed signals. the vort strength is kinda meh imo tho the pass isn't bad. the look seems to support some good rates somewhere in the area.

yeah.. kinda mixed signals. the vort strength is kinda meh imo tho the pass isn't bad. the look seems to support some good rates somewhere in the area.

Well we have all afternoon and evening of rap runs to disseminate. lol

Take a peek at high res radar loop out @ KIND. That's sort of what I can envision happening here. Some nasty little band gets mixed into the overall broken up precip shield. That's a pretty vigorous band going on right now even though it's "county sized". 

melting on contact is close enough

DCA could potentially have sfc temp issues but just barely if so. It's not warm today and DP are fairly low. Places n and w should be totally fine. RAP seems too warm in the lowest levels.

DCA could potentially have sfc temp issues but just barely if so. It's not warm today and DP are fairly low. Places n and w should be totally fine. RAP seems too warm in the lowest levels.

Temps havent come up as much as I thought they would based on forecasts.  I'm sure DCA will spike at 4pm to hit 38 tho

Archived