e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2/4-2/5 Lt. Snow Disco/Obs Thread

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolute failure here.  haven't seen a flake yet despite being under returns for several hours.  i'm ready to move on from this winter.  just not intersted anymore in putting hope in clippers that might get us .10" of qpf, and if it even happens the snow either doesn't stick or melts at first light.  sooner this winter is behind us the sooner we get to fall.

Utter fail.

Next.

This one was an abysmal showing by some models (at least at about 24 hours). The SREFS and the RAP in particular. Even the NAM had me over a tenth. I didn't really watch any of these today, so they may have given a heads up. I suppose it's not fair to call a storm collapse a model failure. It's like the northern extent just disappeared.

I'm over winter and this hobby. Today was one cutter after another and it didn't phase me like it usually does. I've hit acceptance. It's almost march and my level of interest is waning. However if I think snow is coming...I'll embrace it 120%

This is just terrible, this clipper was our very last chance. It's dying. That dry air is killing it.

Next up is a two stream phaser that'll rain us to death then plaster central and northern New England with at least a foot of wind driven fresh pow pow.

Then the west gets a massive trough, as we get another massive warmup and probably more severe wx.

This clipper was our very last chance.

I'm over winter and this hobby. Today was one cutter after another and it didn't phase me like it usually does. I've hit acceptance. It's almost march and my level of interest is waning. However if I think snow is coming...I'll embrace it 120%

hopefully the euro gives a snowstorm a run or two while it de-amps the fri low.

This may very well be the worst clipper I've ever seen. We have partly cloudy skies, visible stars and extremely light snow falling with no radar returns. I can't believe how fast the radar dried up. What snow lover wouldn't be whinng.

It was never a lock for a great event. You have to keep it in perspective. Winter sucks but this event wasn't our savior

Archived