• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2/4-2/5 Lt. Snow Disco/Obs Thread

WinterWxLuvr

What the heck. Seems like this one is at least throwing up a possibility for a little more precip, and maybe a better conveyor of moisture. A couple of the SREF members have thrown in a bit different look for Tuesday, the Euro had this as a later event, so perhaps we've got an evolving situation on our hands. As others have pointed out, there's not much going on at 500, but we've had good vorts do nothing for us so maybe this one turns our luck.

Hope I didn't jinx it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck. Seems like this one is at least throwing up a possibility for a little more precip, and maybe a better conveyor of moisture. A couple of the SREF members have thrown in a bit different look for Tuesday, the Euro had this as a later event, so perhaps we've got an evolving situation on our hands. As others have pointed out, there's not much going on at 500, but we've had good vorts do nothing for us so maybe this one turns our luck.

Hope I didn't jinx it.

This one I like, I'm with you.

Storm Cancel per 0Z NAM for DC and south. Still has time for a S trend and the slight southern connection gives me hope

Yeah, it's certainly not a region wide event. There are several SREF members that are further south. It interests me because it seems wetter than previous systems, and because of the differing solutions showing up across the GFS, NAM, EURO, and short ens.

I really wouldn't dare to speculate on what it will be. It's just a chance I suppose.

UKIE says nope to Mon night, looks like GFS in QPF... perhaps Tues night

I wonder what threat is real, Mon night or tues night. GFS has tues night to our north, gem too really. UKMET has it headed for us, but Monday night north of DC again. Its like Ian said, 24 hours out might be the time we really start knowing what to expect. 

I know I am just a desperate snow weenie, but this radar seems to show some southern stream involvement. Is it possible we might have slightly more moisture to work with during tonight's clipper, or am I suffering from a severe case of radar hallucinations?

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.phphttp://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

RAP model looks way overdone again this morning for tonight's light snowfall.

I'm curious as to how you would know that.  The SREFS put down more than 0.1 for your area as well as mine.  That the RAP would be wet isn't that big of a surprise.  It has been pretty good.  Not sure I understand the theory that if something looks decent on a model that it has to be wrong.

Archived