Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Pattern and Storm Discussion

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm looking to see out of the models. Even though it is not a snowstorm imby "verbatim" it's nice see a miller A showing up on a model. :-)

EDIT: Thanks packbacker for posting. I'm at work and couldn't check the GGEM.

I was thinking about you and our earlier conversation when he posted that! I am at work and can view the GGEM, but I don't know where to go to get the 240 images. :(

Nogaps is setting up for some glory at 180!

Yes, I know it's stupid being long range AND the Nogaps, but post the map brother.

I think there will be a couple of minor opportunities after the pattern change, and probably something BIG right before the pattern breaks.  All speculation of course, but it's not like it's not happened before.

Yes, I know it's stupid being long range AND the Nogaps, but post the map brother.

I think there will be a couple of minor opportunities after the pattern change, and probably something BIG right before the pattern breaks. All speculation of course, but it's not like it's not happened before.

I would man, but I'm only on BB and can't post. I live off the crumbs of other people's maps throughout the day...and the ones on Allan's site and ewall. I'll try to describe it to you.

If it were to be extrapolated, it would probably be another 36 hrs before getting to the SE. It has a nice -NAO building in, trapping a PV just south of Maine. It has a weird positively tilted PNA ridge out west with a closed low over SW AZ, moving east. Northern stream energy is moving down ahead of it and 80% of the US is blow 0C at 850, including the northern half of GA, all of TN and NC, and virtually all of SC.

Man, that was a lot of work for the 180 Nogaps. It's probably going to get suppressed anyway. Lol.

I do like the Euro at day 6 better than previous runs, it's getting that vort over the lakes further NE, now there is  some energy digging back in Tx, it will probably cut this run but it's 6+ days away.

I think it cut in prior runs, and it's the period after this that is worth watching.  I could be wrong though.

Can someone with access comment on the last several runs of the Euro irt the trough and ridge placement?  Is the western ridge trending west or east of previous runs (trending larger or smaller also?) and how is the trough axis in the east trending?  TIA

You can roll through the past 10 days of euro runs at the ewall site. Just click on euro to 240, then click on a time and it will have links to that time period back to when it first showed up on houor 240.

Archived