joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26th Light Snow Event Observations

Sugarloaf1989

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I mentioned it in the other thread....most guidance has at least an inch or so. Might end up a tad juicier...gotta wring out something removing this cold airmass.

My friend at work, not a weenie says to me "I hear rain next week? I have to suffer through this cold and I don't even get snow out of it?"

Some weird dry air here, the max snow zone is mostly doing nothing on the cape and here.  I don't think I've seen a flake yet.  NOAA can't catch a break.

Some of the later guidance showed better lift out west from the decaying primary system and then a hole further east before getting to the secondary stuff that perhaps the Cape and Islands can catch....it looks like they will eventually. Esp the outer Cape and ACK.

Actually picking up to heavier light snow. Might be 1 mile vis now woo. Maybe can pull off .25, maybe .5"?

I actually see a couple stary dendrites mixed in with this little burst right now. About one dendrite every couple seconds, lol. Too bad this wasn't just a smidge more robust...it would be a classic advisory event with 0.15" of qpf if thatlift was deeper.

Some of the later guidance showed better lift out west from the decaying primary system and then a hole further east before getting to the secondary stuff that perhaps the Cape and Islands can catch....it looks like they will eventually. Esp the outer Cape and ACK.

Yeah, I think I don't see anything here to be honest, maybe a few flakes flying is all.  In the end even the bust is a bust.

This has over performed despite never leaving ratter status.

A few hours of steady snow is always nice to see in mid winter in these cold conditions...despite if this system looked a lot better several days ago. Reminds us that it can still feel like deep winter even in tough times. The one advantage of cold and dry over warm and dry. You get events like these. Warm and dry sucks in January.

A few hours of steady snow is always nice to see in mid winter in these cold conditions...despite if this system looked a lot better several days ago. Reminds us that it can still feel like deep winter even in tough times. The one advantage of cold and dry over warm and dry. You get events like these. Warm and dry sucks in January.

Here here! And Mon looks better, all is not lost if you take it all in.

Archived