joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Train of clippers

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

between a 1/4-1/2 mile vis now. have had about an inch so far with another likely before lake wakes up this afternoon. forecasted 3" tonight and another 3" tomorrow.

Edit: less than an 1/8 mile now :P

Wicked awesome right now. Visibility less than one quarter mile!

It's hard to pin down individual waves a week + out like Alek was saying. Clippers can just appear in the short range often enough. I would also be surprised if you and I didn't get more than a couple inches next week.

My focus is on the Sunday/Monday clipper and its associated arctic front, the potential is there for some accumulating snow. It's anyone's guess to where the clippers afterwards end up tracking.

Probably not, if one passes in a favorable track for us it will be your typical 1-3" 2-4" of fluff. Assuming flurries is silly.

I hope we get a good clipper. I hate the way it looks outside. I cannot stand  the dry/cold.. You know what's really surprising is the amount of sunshine we have been getting. I don't recall winters with this much sunshine. We always get the LE clouds. TBH  I dont mind the sunshine, i'd rather have sunshine and be dry thn having to contend with clouds and dry conditions. 

Back up to a mile here as the back edge of the snow is just offshore. Interesting to see when it transitions to le only. a quick 2.5" here. some of the heaviest rates all winter.

Snow has ended here TC. Solid 2" Just changed to frz drizzle. Heading east now toward Kalkaska. It will be interesting to see where the LES bands set up.

Gotta drive if you want to see snow this winter.... I'm gone Friday night again.

Meh... Honestly not worth driving for snow..I'd rather drive down to Florida where its nice and warm :)....But then again if you really want snow, you can just simply buy a snow machine... LOL

YUP :P lol...

*THE TIME HAS COME GUYS...It's here, I finally get to turn on my snow machine.... YEY...*

post-1161-0-22433100-1358365826_thumb.jp

Gotta drive if you want to see snow this winter.... I'm gone Friday night again.

Meh... Honestly not worth driving for snow..I'd rather drive down to Florida where its nice and warm :)....But then again if you really want snow, you can just simply buy a snow machine... LOL

YUP :P lol...

*THE TIME HAS COME GUYS...It's here, I finally get to turn on my snow machine.... YEY...*

If all you wanna do is look at it.... I agree.

We actually had more snow than much of northern MI around new years. But now with a clean slate for all but the UP and the forecast there is no doubt the UP is gonna be the place to be in the coming weeks. In fact while all of the north country should see plenty of snow in the next few weeks there will probably be some AWESOME pockets of deep snowpack in the favored spots.

Regarding SE MI I wouldnt be shocked if we only get a dusting or healthy coating but im sure we can squeeze out a few fluffy inches. IF we gt only flurries ill be shocked. Model qpf aside as ORH said this is the best 10-day clipper pattern we have seen in like 8 years.

What is Friday's clipper looking like for southern Ontario? Could Toronto see 1-2"?

Nope. Where are you getting those numbers from?

Well the HPC QPF has us in the .25" range (5 day total) ... so 1-2" could be possible?

Looks like a good week for the snowbelts.

Archived