amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

IWXwx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, but ChicagoWX's cynical posting can get a person down. It is like being in the desert and somebody is talking about a mirage of water, then saying the mirages are crap. I have had at least one week of good snow with little after(like 5 inches). The whole northern Indiana/ohio area needs a 6-8 inch snowstorm bad after last season. We are spitting blood.

lol, sorry. I'll tone my weather depression down. For some reason, this winter of suck IMBY has been finally realized. Not handling it well today. 

But man, you kick too many kittens yourself sometimes. One of these winters we'll get it again...or another epic sleet storm or something. :lol:

ok, but ChicagoWX's cynical posting can get a person down. It is like being in the desert and somebody is talking about a mirage of water, then saying the mirages are crap. I have had at least one week of good snow with little after(like 5 inches). The whole northern Indiana/ohio area needs a 6-8 inch snowstorm bad after last season. We are spitting blood.

I wasnt directing that at u. Its was aimed at the knuckle head who posted the wet blanket pic. Your post was perfectly fine and held merit.

lol, sorry. I'll tone my weather depression down. For some reason, this winter of suck IMBY has been finally realized. Not handling it well today. 

But man, you kick too many kittens yourself sometimes. One of these winters we'll get it again...or another epic sleet storm or something. :lol:

Nothing wrong with kicking kittens...

:lol: 

Keep a eye on that system next weekend.

Pattern going forward ( till April perhaps? ) has tons of bomb potential. Whether or not all cashes in is another story but the potential is there. It is the best i have seen in a few years. And yeah i read what other mets etc say too and well had some of them been right we would have already had what Boston etc is getting a short while back. Had my doubts about those calls then and have my doubts about their calls now going forward.

Keep a eye on that system next weekend.

Pattern going forward ( till April perhaps? ) has tons of bomb potential. Whether or not all cashes in is another story but the potential is there. It is the best i have seen in a few years. And yeah i read what other mets etc say too and well had some of them been right we would have already had what Boston etc is getting a short while back. Had my doubts about those calls then and have my doubts about their calls now going forward.

How do the euro ensembles look regarding that system.

Alot of them have it believe it or not. Difference is in track which as one would expect this far out varies a bit from along I95 back to the eastern part of this state.

Prefer being on the western fringe of potential tracks to being on the eastern fringe.  If something misses to the south and east at least you don't have the annoying rain.

Alot of them have it believe it or not. Difference is in track which as one would expect this far out varies a bit from along I95 back to the eastern part of this state.

Yesterdays 18z GFS would give Detroit 18" of snow. The models all change, but the hint for a big storm. LESS than one week ago both the Toronto and Boston peeps were bemoaning their horrible winter and now look what happens. So I dont want to hear anyone giving up until the fat lady has sang. We have 2 months left to get a good snowstorm, and the pattern the next few weeks looks very favorable.

After a horrible start this winter has given me what I like in winter, lots of shovelable snowfalls and decent snowcover periods. One 6.3" storm. Seeing a big storm to my north and east, while Toronto was beyond due, is getting me the big storm hunger. The 6.3" post-Christmas storm was nice, but we are nearing 2 years since our last 10" storm. Its not really that long, not to mention I saw a 12" storm in Grayling last March, but we snowlovers are greedy. I think some people think because i like WINTER I dont want a big bomb, and thats far from the truth. Hoping we get a major bomb, but if I get one 8"+ snowstorm this winter will move from a B/B+ to an A. And the pattern certainly looks as ripe as its been at anytime since Feb 2011.

Yesterdays 18z GFS would give Detroit 18" of snow. The models all change, but the hint for a big storm. LESS than one week ago both the Toronto and Boston peeps were bemoaning their horrible winter and now look what happens. So I dont want to hear anyone giving up until the fat lady has sang. We have 2 months left to get a good snowstorm, and the pattern the next few weeks looks very favorable.

After a horrible start this winter has given me what I like in winter, lots of shovelable snowfalls and decent snowcover periods. One 6.3" storm. Seeing a big storm to my north and east, while Toronto was beyond due, is getting me the big storm hunger. The 6.3" post-Christmas storm was nice, but we are nearing 2 years since our last 10" storm. Its not really that long, not to mention I saw a 12" storm in Grayling last March, but we snowlovers are greedy. I think some people think because i like WINTER I dont want a big bomb, and thats far from the truth. Hoping we get a major bomb, but if I get one 8"+ snowstorm this winter will move from a B/B+ to an A. And the pattern certainly looks as ripe as its been at anytime since Feb 2011.

Pattern going forward looks even better then Feb 2011. Better enso state, QBO etc. Thing is do we cash in? Chances are as good as they get even for the big one. Talking my kind of big one. Could be next weekend or something else. Next weekend does have some potential though.

Oh and believe me i still have my negative side but with that i still cannot ignore the potential that exists. It IS there.

Pattern going forward looks even better then Feb 2011. Better enso state, QBO etc. Thing is do we cash in? Chances are as good as they get even for the big one. Talking my kind of big one. Could be next weekend or something else. Next weekend does have some potential though.

Oh and believe me i still have my negative side but with that i still cannot ignore the potential that exists. It IS there.

Yeah there is definitely potential for an even bigger bomb than this current storm is. Now potential doesn't mean it won't completely fall apart when we get within 84 hrs, but based on relative setup, it's worth watching. Granted it probably wouldn't be the 958mb low over KBOS like the 0z GGEM shows, but still there is potential. 

I must be the only one who actually thinks there is a potential for a couple good systems down the road. The progressive Pacific Jet that Angrysummons is downplaying is actually the catalyst for the potential of big systems, as it keeps driving energy right into the Western part of the USA. Look at how things have been, ultra active with clippers, then a big system hitting most North of 80, another system hitting the plains over the weekend. WIth 2 more on the maps after that one for the South and one that runs up the East side of the Appalachians. If you expect those later systems to remain as they stand right now, I have a bridge to sell you. The fact of the matter is with every piece of energy diving into the Western part of the US all it takes is one good phase with the Arctic jet to create an explosive system.

Plus being close to the Wyandotte Jackpot Zone, I can't write off any potential as the magnet has been extremely strong as of late.

I must be the only one who actually thinks there is a potential for a couple good systems down the road. The progressive Pacific Jet that Angrysummons is downplaying is actually the catalyst for the potential of big systems, as it keeps driving energy right into the Western part of the USA. Look at how things have been, ultra active with clippers, then a big system hitting most North of 80, another system hitting the plains over the weekend. WIth 2 more on the maps after that one for the South and one that runs up the East side of the Appalachians. If you expect those later systems to remain as they stand right now, I have a bridge to sell you. The fact of the matter is with every piece of energy diving into the Western part of the US all it takes is one good phase with the Arctic jet to create an explosive system.

Plus being close to the Wyandotte Jackpot Zone, I can't write off any potential as the magnet has been extremely strong as of late.

Didn't you read Harry's posts? He's not a Debby. I like the way he is thinking about the next couple of weeks.

Didn't you read Harry's posts? He's not a Debby. I like the way he is thinking about the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I posted that before I read his posts. I should amend it some, as I believe OHweather is also bold on the prospects going forward. I was more or less being tongue-in-cheek with respect to some of the Debbie Downers around here. Seriously some people are wet blankets for no reason except for some sort of self appeasement.

Being in the snow removal buisiness you get to experience the storm from the onset to end and the aftermath the morning after. I must say there has only been one or two which were extra ordinary. Where snowfall rates were so intense you couldn't move the truck for the wipers could not keep the snow off the windshield. Every year a part of you wishes to see mothernatures fury and spectacular views of snow plastered on everything. 

Over the past few years many have ventured into the snow buisiness not truly understanding the concenquences of not having the right equipment for the job. These newbies  cut rates to the point where clients expect you to do it for 50% of a practicle price. Just once I would like to see a major dump where the men could be seperated from the boys and they could be taught a lesson.

To have a chance to clean an epic dump would be so much fun. Few in the city could handle more than a 12" snow, plow trucks should be only part of your arsonal. For those who have invested in the heavy iron would be greatly awarded. ;)

Bomb away Feb & March !!

Archived