Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Moving past first week of January General Discussion/banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't play victim Joe, your posts were just as biased, if not more. You posted about early morning low departures yesterday when it was pretty obvious that the lows of the day were not going to be in the morning.So the departures in the morning were meaningless. 

I hardly think you'd be posting about mid-afternoon high temp departures of -2 if you knew we would torch by midnight from a cutter.

Will I don't know Joe at all, have never PM'd or communicated with him at all.  But I don't get why so many of you have a problem with his posts.  If he wasn't posting departures I'd have had no idea what's going on temp wise.  Including yesterday where the departures he posted this morning shock me.

It's been warm for a majority of the months the last year or so.  It's impossible to deny.  Departures have been large.  It's part of the weather.

The back and forth and baiting though is way over the top.  I wish it would end and barring it not ending on it's own I think there's a majority here that would like to see it ended by moderation.

It is WW3 in here on will's phone when we try to moderate though.

But I digress...

I would take the torch 6 years ago today in a heartbeat...06-07 had a nice finish in the interior.

Could you imagine the posts today if this happened again in January?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/Kbdl/2007/1/6/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

fyp

Will I don't know Joe at all, have never PM'd or communicated with him at all.  But I don't get why so many of you have a problem with his posts.  If he wasn't posting departures I'd have had no idea what's going on temp wise.  Including yesterday where the departures he posted this morning shock me.

It's been warm for a majority of the months the last year or so.  It's impossible to deny.  Departures have been large.  It's part of the weather.

The back and forth and baiting though is way over the top.  I wish it would end and barring it not ending on it's own I think there's a majority here that would like to see it ended by moderation.

There's a difference between stating facts and then making these baiting troll posts. Its not just him, but playing victim is pretty weak in that instance. I would agree that people should not respond to them as much. I'll just start deleting them if that makes everyone feel better.

We walk a fine line here of deleting posts...we have always been successful because we don't turn this into a storm2K type board. On the same token, there is a level of moderation that is appropriate.

There's a difference between stating facts and then making these baiting troll posts. Its not just him, but playing victim is pretty weak in that instance. I would agree that people should not respond to them as much. I'll just start deleting them if that makes everyone feel better.

We walk a fine line here of deleting posts...we have always been successful because we don't turn this into a storm2K type board. On the same token, there is a level of moderation that is appropriate.

We are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

there's not a fine line imo.  American is at one extreme and S2K is at another.  There's barely any moderation at American.  Comparing the danger of moderating a bit more to becoming S2K is like comparing the American social safety net to communism.

there's not a fine line imo.  American is at one extreme and S2K is at another.  There's barely any moderation at American.  Comparing the danger of moderating a bit more to becoming S2K is like comparing the American social safety net to communism.

I think he means they walk a fine line because everyone gets in an uproar when posts are deleted.

this could be a load of arctic air like we haven't seen in quite some time. some of the modeled departures showing up are really impressive over the nation's midsection. 

i have mixed emotions about that coming east. i'd rather it snow obviously, but i really enjoyed 1/04 just because it was so ridiculous. may set up quite well though where the coldest of cold is west but we are cold enough and a bit a stormier?

this could be a load of arctic air like we haven't seen in quite some time. some of the modeled departures showing up are really impressive over the nation's midsection. 

i have mixed emotions about that coming east. i'd rather it snow obviously, but i really enjoyed 1/04 just because it was so ridiculous. may set up quite well though where the coldest of cold is west but we are cold enough and a bit a stormier?

In the meantime, wow at the airmass this weekend. Even with onshore flow..that's impressive stuff moving north.

In the meantime, wow at the airmass this weekend. Even with onshore flow..that's impressive stuff moving north.

Yeah I know. April-like.

okay even if it's several...what's the problem?  

Moderators volunteered to moderate...that's what they're supposed to do.  If some weenies getting in an uproar worries the moderator then perhaps other candidates should be considered.

I don't have an issue at all, but there are posters that do. I certainly don't want this place to be patrolled by Nazis, but I don't mind if some dumb troll posts are deleted.

you guys are doing a great job. period.

We'll all get over it soon when the pattern flips...

I think we could have a a best case scenario given that blocking has been showing up consistently now and is now looking likely.  This is a different set up with the ssw and a big dump of cold on our side of the pole.  I like the cold shots that spread west to east.  Given the persistent SE ridge and the active southern jet, we might be looking at a scenario where we get a series of storms, each colder than the prior.

storm 1 - a cutter this weekend that rains on all of us with perhaps some mix in NNE

storm 2 - a cutter swfe as the cold starts to press and the gradient slips into NE.  Mostly frozen and mixed for CNE and NNE and interior SNE

storm 3 -  a large coastal storm that nails all of us, SNE CNE get the best.  After this storm cold overwhelms and storm 4 is for the MA

storm 5 - A clipper or 2 and maybe a Miller B

storm 6 - a nice storm for us all as the pattern relaxes

:weenie:  :weenie:  :weenie:  :sled:

This upcoming week after the snow melt will be a good time for any mid winter tune ups of the snow blowers, sealing any drafty areas in the house discovered etc. most thaws start like today a mood snow, have a rainer halfway then winter roars in. Signs are building as you guys know for a stormy period followed by cold which has really not been seen in a while. I can not say it enough times, since the fall this has been what I would call a textbook seasonal transistion. With the MJO getting active, split PV from SWarming and things lining up I fully expect within the next 4 weeks a near or qualifying KU and near if not record cold.

This upcoming week after the snow melt will be a good time for any mid winter tune ups of the snow blowers, sealing any drafty areas in the house discovered etc. most thaws start like today a mood snow, have a rainer halfway then winter roars in. Signs are building as you guys know for a stormy period followed by cold which has really not been seen in a while. I can not say it enough times, since the fall this has been what I would call a textbook seasonal transistion. With the MJO getting active, split PV from SWarming and things lining up I fully expect withing the next 4 weeks a near or qualifying KU and near if not record cold.

Yep. All the signs are there.

We will agree to disagree on this point.

Archived