Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Moving past first week of January General Discussion/banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sneaky wrenches thrown into the BOX AFD this morning.

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE THROUGH QUEBEC BRINGING A COLD FRONT THROUGH SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND EITHER LATE FRIDAY OR EARLY SATURDAY. EXPECT MOST PRECIPITATION TO OCCUR ON FRIDAY. YESTERDAY WOULD HAVE SAID THIS PRECIPITATION WOULD BE ALL RAIN. HOWEVER...TEMPERATURE PROFILES HAVE CHANGED ENOUGH TO CALL PTYPE INTO QUESTION. STILL LEANING TOWARDS MOSTLY RAIN...BUT COULD SEE SOME MIXED PRECIP PARTICULARLY ACROSS THE NORTHWESTERN ZONES FOR A TIME. THE WARMING TREND RETURNS SATURDAY WITH WARMER TEMPERATURES MOVING INTO THE REGION.

Some really impressive stuff going on down in the West Pac tropical regions. That's gotta be helping to force the pattern change coming up.

hyundai tournament of champions in HI cancelled second day in a row - really ripping there - seems pretty rare is that related?

A muted short duration mild up of a few days and a quick return to winter next weekend.. I think we'd sign up for that.

Snowpack salvaged?

I really don't think much has changed. It will be a mild week with a cutter still possible this weekend. And, the ensembles still show potential for a rainy system early next week.

The temp crash turned into a trickle, the dailies were in a pickle.............I love getting gangbanged especially when I turn out to be right.

Dailies for 1/5

BOS +5

BDL+4

PVD+2

ORH+7

BDR+7

Yeah, temps at ORH never really got near their normal lows... I figured +5 would do it, but that high minimum was the culprit there. Have not looked at the others

Still got to 17F here, which is probably close to my normal low. Not sure what the other nonsense was

It's gone for days of 50's to  few days into the 40's..And we may be able to sneak a low south of us..Then bang winter's back

Never was days of 50s. I think you will lose a good chunk of your pack, perhaps all if we sneak a rainy system in early next week. That's a big if.

The temp crash turned into a trickle, the dailies were in a pickle.............I love getting gangbanged especially when I turn out to be right.

Dailies for 1/5

BOS +5

BDL+4

PVD+2

ORH+7

BDR+7

No one said it would be a below normal day. Just that the AM mins would get erased...and they did. AWT

No one said it would be a below normal day. Just that the AM mins would get erased...and they did. AWT

You choose to ignore all of the crap.  Temps crash all day type posts because thats allowed because it deals with cold......that was my beef, go back and read the page or two.  Hardly a temp crash and just another above normal day during the bitter first week of January.

The bias on this board is unbelievable at times.

By the way, congrats on the snow out east guys, nothing better than snow and no wind.

You choose to ignore all of the crap.  Temps crash all day type posts because thats allowed because it deals with cold......that was my beef, go back and read the page or two.  Hardly a temp crash and just another above normal day during the bitter first week of January.

The bias on this board is unbelievable at times.

By the way, congrats on the snow out east guys, nothing better than snow and no wind.

No met said temps would crash all day. I'm not sure who it was that you're referring to and it isn't interesting enough to go back and read. What I do recall is you posting AM min departures and loving them when we took a good 10-15F off of them by the evening 5z. Sorry about the warm mins down there this AM. Have a great day Joe.

Oh ok. I see

As you would say, just close your eyes until next week..lol. Whether it's 45 or 55...the pattern sucks until then. The whole temp debate is so silly.

I feel pretty good about how all this shakes out. Barring some signal fooking this all up it should turn pretty wintry down the road. I still don't know how I feel about next week's transition period but minimally that period won't be boring.

And yes whether it's 45F or 55F it's mild and boring. Call it muted, call it torch, call it a thaw...whatever

Archived