12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Moving past first week of January General Discussion/banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics guys, nothing like Jan snowpack, that's what made 11 my all time favorite. Jerry, Bar Mitzvah here tonight, wow are these folks partying.

Wow....that would be a great venue!  Are there any Israelis?  They can drink with the best of them!

OT but using Chrome I can't quote a post but IE9 is fine.  No issue with Safari either.

Holy changes in the euro ensembles post day10. Remarkable. Big height rises in both the NAO and EPO regions. It's to the point where I think the 00z run will back off a bit, but the important thing to see is whether or not this is a trend.

Yeah I heard that they caved to GFS in the long range. Hope that holds.

No way.

Highest I could find, others are all 40 and below

Friday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%

Between now and next Monday you will near 50F at least once.

It is what it is. It's going to be mild.

But it's also not going to last forever. I personally think the timing kind of sucks considering we are nearing the coldest time of year per climo...but out of my control. Lol

Between now and next Monday you will near 50F at least once. It is what it is. It's going to be mild. But it's also not going to last forever. I personally think the timing kind of sucks considering we are nearing the coldest time of year per climo...but out of my control. Lol

Just posting my point and click dude but okay.

Holy changes in the euro ensembles post day10. Remarkable. Big height rises in both the NAO and EPO regions. It's to the point where I think the 00z run will back off a bit, but the important thing to see is whether or not this is a trend.

Semantically, I'm presuming the low in more southern areas making a nice negative EPO?  Sounds great!

Between now and next Monday you will near 50F at least once. It is what it is. It's going to be mild. But it's also not going to last forever. I personally think the timing kind of sucks considering we are nearing the coldest time of year per climo...but out of my control. Lol

Just posting my point and click dude but okay.

don't know I thought a post ago you seemed rather sarcastic. Lol.

One thing there certainly isn't going to be a shortage of is arctic air on this side of the pole. Some of the numbers popping up on guidance are really impressive down the road up in Canada.

Looks like some -30 type super cooled stuff shooting right down into the upper MW on this run....+PNA and -EPO also in play at the end of the run....

Every run and every ens run keeps muting temps and shortening the mild up. Now it's like a 2-3 day deal and then winter event possible a week from now

Hasn't it always been a 2-3 day deal?  I haven't been following these warm up threads, but I thought its always been like Thur-Sat or something like that?

Worse than the few day mild up, is the utter lack of precip in heart of winter, I must come to grips that cp of sne just isn't that snowy lol

Yeah...it took me a few years to realize that too but now I realize that there it is just not that snowy a place.  I moved here from Northern NJ in a town where we average almost 40 inches a year...when I was moving up here to Boston everyone kept saying "wow...gett ready fro the snow and cold" but in reality although I moved over 200 miles...most of the distance was east and still close to the ocean so...now I average 45....just not that much more snowy than NJ.

Archived