wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 19th-20 Storm Thread II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, the NAM was an unmitigated disaster. Everything at H5 was putrid. PV retrograded plenty but everything else came in worse. Normal system I would say lock it up, not with this one, who knows when the next damn swing would be. I need to go to bed, between the car accident and the horrible runs its hard to sleep. What a nightmare.

But most people on this bb LIVE in eastern NE. The Cape may rain. But land areas that sustain winds on or left of 040 will be fine. BOS will get 6-12 I bet.

The only area in Massachusetts that can letigimatley make an argument for living in eastern NE is the outer Cape. Everything else in Mass is central or western NE. I think we can say mos of the people live along/below 84 and east of 191. But enough of that........

I'm glad I didn't stay up past the NAM last night. What a disaster!!!!! I guess I can go buy snow tires now without having to worry about tempting the snow gods. What will they do--take away a couple inches? Geesh.

So much for EC superiority. So much for any of these models for getting this thing right. The inconsistencies are staggering. I'm inclined to think we all see some snow (some more than others), but what will play out wont' be known until the 00z runs tonight. My guess.

GFS lookin ugly to me

Well, that's a yawner if ever there was one.

I didn't expect that I'd be able to be stacking firewood in the third week of December. But looks like I don't need to worry about any snow covering it, so perhaps I can get a couple cords stacked during these days off. Now that I think of it......I had also taken a couplel days off at Thanksgiving. I remember the 7-10 outlook then had a real wintry situation shaping up and I was pumped to be off from work work it. We know how that played out. I'm off today and Monday, and yesterday I was so pumped to have Monday off with the EC/GFS combo. Alas--maybe I should stop taking days off!

Archived