Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 19th-20 Storm Thread II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people on henry M's facebook blog are posting the ggem and euro an hour or two before they usual come out. Maybe they pay for them to come in advance or maybe they arent real. The canadian is OTS and the euro looks good. At hour 84 its well west of the gfs at 84

Alot of people here pay for it...starts just before 1AM/1PM

Jesus, kid, you need to take a step back and take a TO.....you have grown simply nauseating......Will along with other mets have said that the GFS is probably a plastering for the cape.

Is it close, of course, its CC and it's December.

No doubt thos 2m temps are warm.

The Cape would be close...but I agree with what Ryan said...int he CCB, I think ti would be snow...the WBZ height is like 980mb on the GFS sounding and the sfc temp isn't that far above freezing. It has the the extreme outer Cape near 40F but it falls to 35F pretty quick...and of course we know the GFS 2m temps have a warm bias in most coastals. The middle and upper Cape would almost certainly be mostly snow. Hard to say for sure, but normally they are if the wind stays decently north which it does on the GFS....if we get a closer tucked in solution, then the Cape would change to rian, but then the rest of us would end up with over a foot of snow.

Some people on henry M's facebook blog are posting the ggem and euro an hour or two before they usual come out. Maybe they pay for them to come in advance or maybe they arent real. The canadian is OTS and the euro looks good. At hour 84 its well west of the gfs at 84

:yikes: im confused....that's weird

and WTF is up with this emoticon!? :hitler: yikes

The guy who posted just realized it was the 12Z. If you want to see the 0Z you just have to wait.

Yes, its much worse than 12z.

I wouldn't be all that worried though...look what happened last night.

I think the Euro comes east but is still a decent hit.

As do I....but the model inconsistency is alarming. Its not like each model has a unique solution it sticks with, rather every run seems to be a switch. GGEM looks to be going back and forth every single run

If it's a lame 4-8" hit, I'll be devestated and me ftl.

I'll get over it and take it.

I think that is much more likely than a huge hit...but we'll see...the fact the GFS was really close to a HECS...closing 5H off just a shade late does make me think the Euro might still kill us.

The typical rule of thumb would be good if that happened...you'd have the Euro as a big hit with the GFS just barely missing a big hit at 84 hours...that's about on par with huge snowstorms here.

If it's a lame 4-8" hit, I'll be devestated and me ftl.

I'll get over it and take it.

At least for my location, since about 2:30pm the entire thing has had the general feel of one of those slowly deflating balloons that omits a high pitched squeal that slowly gets lower and lower with time until the entire thing just falls to a ground like a heaping mess of garbage.

I think that is much more likely than a huge hit...but we'll see...the fact the GFS was really close to a HECS...closing 5H off just a shade late does make me think the Euro might still kill us.

The typical rule of thumb would be good if that happened...you'd have the Euro as a big hit with the GFS just barely missing a big hit at 84 hours...that's about on par with huge snowstorms here.

Yep, which is why I won't stand down unless the EURO goes mod, but I am nervous right now.

Yep, which is why I won't stand down unless the EURO goes mod, but I am nervous right now.

I think I'll have to wait till morning. No upside. If it's great, I get amped and stay up to 2:30. If it blows, bad sleep. I'll wake up, if it sucks, I'll get some work done. Until the 12Z suite rolls in....

Archived