northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA - late January 2013

MAG5035

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are living in a world of complete and utter wussies.

Baltimore and Montgomery county schools have early dismissal down here :facepalm:

In elementary school, I was once stuck on a school bus for 3-4 hours because the bus got stuck trying to navigate a hill. A towing service came out, put chains on the bus, and we were on our way. It was pretty traumatic, I understand why all the schools are getting out early :rolleyes:

Baltimore and Montgomery county schools have early dismissal down here :facepalm:

In elementary school, I was once stuck on a school bus for 3-4 hours because the bus got stuck trying to navigate a hill. A towing service came out, put chains on the bus, and we were on our way. It was pretty traumatic, I understand why all the schools are getting out early :rolleyes:

some places that are issuing the early dismissals will be sending kids home during peak worst conditions period...

Fiancee went to Pitt for grad school and every weekend I would visit her via Megabus.  Man that ride was intense when the lake effect cranked up.

Oh, no doubt. I remember one time when I went to Point Park College in Pittsburgh and came home on a Greyhound on my way home to York in 1987, man was that ever scary. We hit a squall just west of Somerset and were sliding some. Then came to a stop due to an accident and sat there for two hours. 

Archived