Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 28-30 Winter Weather Observations/Discussion

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based off the limited EURO snow maps I am looking at...

hour 117 snow chance for western NC

hour 120 snow chance Greensboro north-east

hour 123 snow chance Raleigh north-east

Based on Burns Experience Algorithm:

hour 177 some high elevation snow possible NW

hour 120 snow chance Greensboro north-east nada

hour 123 snow chance Raleigh north-east less than nada

Thanks and Merry Christmas Allan, look forward to hearing from you over the next several days. Hopefully one or both of these2 long shots pan out during our window of oppurtunity. I just hope the euro/euro ensembles trump the gfs this weekend like they normally do. Knowing our luck this would be the one time the gfs actually scores one of it's 1 in 1000 coups.

EURO

hour 93 snow chance south-western NC

hour 96 snow chance all of western NC, 2 inch pockets Burnsville to Linville

hour 99 snow chance Asheville to Mount Airy

hour 102 in Virginia

Not sure about central NC...didn't come up on Wunderground...could be a mix.

Raleigh is rain, GSO looks close.

why is it so quite in hear? a little while ago it sounded like snow for wnc on the 30th. what happened, have we already lost that chance. where is the cold air that was to be hear by now? seems things keep getting pushed back everytime we reach the timeframe the cold is to be here. Oh well. same old same old.

why is it so quite in hear? a little while ago it sounded like snow for wnc on the 30th. what happened, have we already lost that chance. where is the cold air that was to be hear by now? seems things keep getting pushed back everytime we reach the timeframe the cold is to be here. Oh well. same old same old.

It's Christmas.

And I think most are waiting for the GFS to bulge before joining the EURO side...if it ever does.

GFS running...already looking different w/ my untrained eye so far.

Much more like the euro, probably gonna hit the NE much harder though. And 850's are too warm everywhere for snow on the gfs, I think the euro is to cold with it so I wouldn't be surprized to see a solution like the gfs where we get all rain.

Much more like the euro, probably gonna hit the NE much harder though. And 850's are too warm everywhere for snow on the gfs, I think the euro is to cold with it so I wouldn't be surprized to see a solution like the gfs where we get all rain.

Does look a little too warm. Can we trend the CAD areas any colder four days out? I just don't see a true source of cold air...its going to be marginal to get this wet snow down.

More than likely a Elevation storm, with rain in the foothills on east. Most times with no apparent high to the north funneling down from the north the air temps just cannot be counted on to stay cold enough for snow. It may start as a little snow but will very quickly change to rain.

Archived