Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 24/25 Light Snow Nowcast/Observations

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet you slowly rise before precip onset, similar to what happened here.

The first pulse will likely be snow overnight, not much of anything. The second pulse that forms north of the developing low looks to get me pretty good but temps aren't close, NAM has me near 40. So the areas that maximize QPF from that second band in the morning are mostly rain down this way. Somewhere over by Sultan or Bob there's going to be a changeover line that may pay better but we'll see.

I expect very little here (no accumulation at all), maybe some falling snow.

Upstairs it's not even close, it's plenty cold. But the lower atmosphere ends up too warm per the NAM. Suspicious only because it does form a nice band towards dawn that runs up over us for several hours. IF it was ever some serious banding it would flip in that too snow. That's my hope...but sadly I expect frustration.

Based on the NAM it'll take an Xmas miracle for falling snow here at dawn.

The first pulse will likely be snow overnight, not much of anything. The second pulse that forms north of the developing low looks to get me pretty good but temps aren't close, NAM has me near 40. So the areas that maximize QPF from that second band in the morning are mostly rain down this way. Somewhere over by Sultan or Bob there's going to be a changeover line that may pay better but we'll see.

Everyone outside of the islands will see flakes at least. I've been skeptical of any coastal accums from the beginning so we will see

Hopefully overdone and you stay no higher than mid 30's. Possible you get some ripping bands in the morning that get the job done wet bulbing.

Hopefully overdone and you stay no higher than mid 30's. Possible you get some ripping bands in the morning that get the job done wet bulbing.

There's going to be a band of .25" plus right around me somewhere. NAM has me on the edge of it. It's plenty cold aloft, but it torches the BL in advance of the precip. It has all along. Hard to argue with it. Will just have to wait and see.

27/18. Hoping Santa doesn't bring a virga show to these parts for Christmas. Ho, ho, no!

There's going to be some dry air to fight up this way. I'm still looking for 1". Would be our fourth 1" thrashing of the month. lol

I've been wondering about that dry air--it certainly can't help with things up here.

Will this be your second parental Christmas? Fun times--have a great one.

I've been wondering about that dry air--it certainly can't help with things up here.

Will this be your second parental Christmas? Fun times--have a great one.

Yup, luckily he's not really hip yet to the presents/want list fiasco. He's into the tree and decorations and snow! Hope we see some.

I feel for you with a pre-teen girl and the obligatory high end Christmas list that goes with it. lol

Archived