northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/30 Coastal - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though the NAM is crap...I'm more comfortable in seeing it come a bit north and not be a complete miss. I will remain skeptical of the EC unless something else climbs aboard for a warning criteria event. But given how progressive the flow is, it's hard to believe one off run of the EC showing a big hit. Compromise right now suggests a nice advisory event for most, which I would gladly take.

I think the Cape has serious potential to get mauled here. The northern vort will be a good thing for the rest of SNE as it should produce a solid advisory or even low end warning snow, but when that southern vort catches up, it could nuke the Cape with a CCB....the Euro did it quick enough to hammer most of E MA.

Euro will be similar to last night but cut back significantly on qpf imho. iow...track will be similar but it won't be the bomb. I most likely will depict 6-12 for me vs 1-2 feet of last night.

Which we will gladly take... especially for a Saturday night into Sunday storm. Couldn't really ask for better, personally. Hell, I'd like 3-6 even. Just give me a nice snowy night so I can throw back whiskey and go for a stroll.

I will say this...we have seen SW flow type events in the past be modeled as 1-4" as close as 48-60 hours out before...and have them turn into solid 6-10" events just a couple days out. Of course, you could argue this is not as ideal of a setup as some of those events...but still...probably too early to sleep on that potential.

And at least once we bumped into each other in Coolidge Corner..lol

Fugly day down here today.

I will never forget being introduced to your daughter simply as "Zeus." No complaints, honestly.

And what, you don't like mid 40's and wind-driven rain in late December? Tsk tsk.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the Euro doesn't completely retract the bold statement it made at 00z. I, like many, do not expect anything close to consistency with such an amplified solution seeing as few of the other models have left room for it and it's really a standalone run, but I'd just like it to be a hit and not a whiff.

Progrerssive pattern. I doubt snow last for more than 5 hrs. Bos will need some pretty good rates to make 18".

To me it looks like a potential, note potential, sharp gradient system that's flying through. The GEFS shifted NW with the the 1" line but actually pulled the .25/.5 a bit SE. That to me is generally not the best sign of a pending more expansive/NW scenario. If I had to do a forecast for down here just based on what's available so far it'd be .2 or .3" QPF confined kind of tight to SE MA/Plymouth SW. More over the Cape itself. Not much (less than .2" NW of there).

The UK and CMC moved or support better the GFS type solution. The GEFS being more amped is of course a red flag, but I think the op Euro from last night needs to be discarded at this point, it was too extreme (for now). JMHO

Archived