northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/30 Coastal - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this..I think the Euro was too amped..but also these are the exact kind of systems the GFS stuggles with and always has too far SE and weak until the final 36 hours. GFS does much better on system like we just we had and not the developing coastals up the coast like we have coming this weekend.

I think if you expect 3-6 or 4-8 for all of SNE..that is reasonable at this point. Maybe folks out east can do a bit better

The GFS and NAM had a more correct bias than the EURO this last event....the ponding in my driveway is a testament to that.

This is true but it's counter to what the Euro is doing in potentially overdeveloping the low. The RGEM gets significant precip much further north at 48 than the old GGEM did with similar low placement. It's a toss up but if the GGEM followed suit I think it'd be more amped.

Guys let's pull the focus back to the storm and not so much this last one for the sake of keeping the good juju going. I get what Ray is saying and TT made the same point on the other thread. Go into this with expectations of a few inches and you'll be happy. Remember what Dr. Diaper said, it is a very progressive flow. The storm could blow up and deliver a nice 4-8" snowfall, or it could remain progressive and be a T-3" type deal.

I tend to agree this is a progressive pattern but it's possible for something more like scooter outlined yesterday.

I think the euro was overdone, but I think American guidance is too flat. I like the ukie last night, which was like 4-7" over southern SNE and 2-4" up by you.

I agree.

I don't foresee a total whif, but a nuisance event.

Cape Cod, MA won't have boundary layer issues, we might if the storm goes underneath us, but if stays on a northeast heading from NC then it can bring the wind trajectory more out of the northeast or north-northeast instead of this easterly crap we have been getting lately, this stuff stinks.

I like your optimism but I worry about those water temps in the high 40's from IOS to CC Bay. Hyannis east to Chatham and especially out here on ACK, we suffer from warm water. We really need some seriously cold air in place with a track within 75 miles.

Archived