northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/30 Coastal - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if some places end up with blizzard watches tomorrow?

They are pretty hard to verify, so probably not, but I guess you never know. Would probably be a similar configuration as the Boxing Day 2010 storm: coastal areas of SE CT through southern RI into SE Mass. Not sure any of those ended up verifying but I think a couple got pretty close.

I think 12z run today should increase confidence, 12z tomorrow would be to iron out details! At least I hope..

That's what I'm hoping too. We're about 54 hours away from the predicted start of the storm, so you'd hope by tomorrow morning's runs we'd have a pretty good idea. Wouldn't be surprised to see 4th period watches go up this afternoon.

They are pretty hard to verify, so probably not, but I guess you never know. Would probably be a similar configuration as the Boxing Day 2010 storm: coastal areas of SE CT through southern RI into SE Mass. Not sure any of those ended up verifying but I think a couple got pretty close.

There's no question the Euro is a blizzard for Cape Cod and SE MA.

But we don't know if it will be quite that extreme, obviously.

There is your genesis point sitting over Mexico. chimmichungas.

congrats to everyone on your winter weather..im making the trip to stowe,vt tomorrow from sofla so hoping this new system can keep trending NW..dont want to get greedy with this 12-20 stowe is getting but it would be nice if we can pull something out of this new system...looks good for you guys that screwed on todays system

as a side note, if you showed that sat presentation to me during hurricane season it would be exciting but it(the cuba system) would need to get down to the surface

congrats to everyone on your winter weather..im making the trip to stowe,vt tomorrow from sofla so hoping this new system can keep trending NW..dont want to get greedy with this 12-20 stowe is getting but it would be nice if we can pull something out of this new system...looks good for you guys that screwed on todays system

as a side note, if you showed that sat presentation to me during hurricane season it would be exciting but it(the cuba system) would need to get down to the surface

Stowe is getting ripped and will upslope all night, you will not need anymore snow than what they got. Have a great time. Say hi to the Freak

Phil, what do you think?

my gut feeling is the euro is a bit overdone only because it has a tendency to go bananas with stuff off the east coast now and then. given what just passed through here today, i'd think the deeper development happens a bit further north and east.

but if it does it again at 12z, i'll buy it i think.

there's also potential BL issues so i need something like the euro or ggem to get all/mostly frozen out of this i think.

my gut feeling is the euro is a bit overdone only because it has a tendency to go bananas with stuff off the east coast now and then. given what just passed through here today, i'd think the deeper development happens a bit further north and east.

but if it does it again at 12z, i'll buy it i think.

there's also potential BL issues so i need something like the euro or ggem to get all/mostly frozen out of this i think.

Agreed.

I'm hoping for a late bloomer that will still get me, but eh.....

Stowe is getting ripped and will upslope all night, you will not need anymore snow than what they got. Have a great time. Say hi to the Freak

thanks,

i have been over on the NNE thread and powderfreak is in stowe and is fairly confident the snow machine can keep rolling for awhile in this pattern..im flying into Manchester NH tomorrow night so it appears i will have a decent window to get in before this new system takes hold over the weekend

hopefully it stays inside your benchmark..my benchmark in sofla is 20/60(hebert box) for a florida hit on tropical systems

Best to temper the excitement for this storm until tomorrow's 12Z.

If the euro is still onboard at 12z today I think it's a go.

Edit: my expectation is for a few inches. I don't take the blizzard talk seriously yet. A mashup of all the models is a few inches. If that changes at 12z (GGEM gfs euro) largely agree then great.

Archived