Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 20th-22nd Major Winter Storm Part II

andyhb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the 12Z NAM and GFS would indicate some rain mixing in around here between 12Z and 18Z Thur. This is just a guess, but I think Madison may be in a sweet spot with this storm and the mix will stay just to our SE. The Euro and UK seem to be indicating that. Hopefully the NAM and GFS are just a tad too far N on their placement.

Not going to lie, 12z nam/gfs have eroded my confidence in not having mixing issues imby. Gonna be a matter of miles between all snow and mix.

I think we live in a snow hole...... I will be glad just to get out there and play in the snow all the less. As for ground temps and freeze ups I think DTX area will be safe until Friday evening at dusk.

Ah, the old "What have you done for me lately?" :lol: Because we are missing the first widespread winter storm of the season, I dont think its fair to say we live in a snow hole when for the last 5 years this area has done among the best in the entire region for synoptic snow (and this includes last years disaster). This storm, however, will suck. And also I agree about ground temps/freezeup, Friday will see flakes flying, but no slipping on icy puddles until at least dusk.

Here are my calls as of now.

MSN: 10-14"

GRB: 10-14"

RFD: 4-6"

MLI: 2-4"

ORD: 2-4"

MKE: 2-4"

LAF: 1-2"

IND: 1" or less

Probably most nervous about MSN and MKE. Was tempted to go higher but don't have enough confidence as both areas could have lingering ptype issues...MKE for a longer time obviously.

For the IN posters, it looks like Indystorm is in the Jackpot area. Maybe 6" with occasional whiteout conditions. I should be on the southern edge of the lake enhancement area and could pick up 2" or just a hair more. I predict the LAF crew to get 1 to 1.5". For those south around Lebanon, Indy, Muncie, etc., enjoy your wind blown 0.5".

Any snowflake that hits your bare face will probably drill right through your skin.

Been very busy and just now checking the board. Thanks for the forecast. I'm hoping that lake enhancement and lake effect will coincide just right for Michiana. What a powerful blizzard off to our nw though.

My optimistic predictions:

MSN: 12-16"

GRB: 11-14"

RFD: 5-7"

MLI: 3-6"

ORD: 3-5"

MKE: 4-7"

IND: 1-1.5"

Add a few sites:

Waukesha: 8-12"

Lake Geneva: 7-11"

Wisconsin Dells: 10-14"

Woodstock: 4-7"

DeKalb: 3-5"

Racine: 4-6"

Winner around Fond du Lac, Washington County, WI.

My optimistic predictions:

MSN: 12-16"

GRB: 11-14"

RFD: 5-7"

MLI: 3-6"

ORD: 3-5"

MKE: 4-7"

IND: 1-1.5"

Add a few sites:

Waukesha: 8-12"

Lake Geneva: 7-11"

Wisconsin Dells: 10-14"

Woodstock: 4-7"

DeKalb: 3-5"

Racine: 4-6"

Winner around Fond du Lac, Washington County, WI.

I would take that. BTW, thanks for throwing something out for DKB.

Archived