• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

After all you said next 3 days not the past month.

Normal for most yesterday and today. Above tomorrow then seems normal or possibly below/above depending on storm track. Certainly not torch going on and on like you claimed.

It really does not matter but BOX forecast for bos orh and pvd are all above normal highs today.

My original point was, where is the cold?? Pac is in charge, when is the cold coming? Not a question to you but just trying to find a time when we can get below normal for a stretch, I see nothing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've moved from a severe torch to seasonable. Don't really see any serious cold anywhere next week or so...maybe a bit below climo-steps in the right direction at least....

-

nice to see some frost last 2 mornings too. You know it's been bad when a below freezing morning gets me excited.

I thought the avatar goes after nov?

Why? No one on the coast should be expecting anything except a change back to snow after rain. From the get go this has been an interior threat. You and Messenger make things up as you go along. Its getting a little old the constant demeaning of what are some pretty intelligent folks who dominate these threads. 99% of the folks who post here are level headed and have a great grasp on current and future weather systems. Most are seasoned veterans of this board. You mistake tongue and cheek and model interpretation as expectation.

LOL

Why? No one on the coast should be expecting anything except a change back to snow after rain. From the get go this has been an interior threat. You and Messenger make things up as you go along. Its getting a little old the constant demeaning of what are some pretty intelligent folks who dominate these threads. 99% of the folks who post here are level headed and have a great grasp on current and future weather systems. Most are seasoned veterans of this board. You mistake tongue and cheek and model interpretation as expectation.

Great post. If he wants below temps see Nov 2012, the snowiest month on record for bdr. I thought ryan had a great write-up saying this month will ne be cold. Most of the snow chances will be for nne..

Great post. If he wants below temps see Nov 2012, the snowiest month on record for bdr. I thought ryan had a great write-up saying this month will ne be cold. Most of the snow chances will be for nne..

There was a very warm start to this month but as we progress towards the holiday all signs are pointing towards a winter regime. I mean who really cares that the first 15 days of the month averaged above normal. To call today a torch is just pure trolling and he knows it.

There was a very warm start to this month but as we progress towards the holiday all signs are pointing towards a winter regime. I mean who really cares that the first 15 days of the month averaged above normal. To call today a torch is just pure trolling and he knows it.

Agree Ginx. His act is getting very old. I believe the pros did a great job laying out the pattern this month. Hope everyone get in on the fun at the end of the month

still regardless of the outcome of the first two or three systems (being south of the pike) and it is only mid month is really nbd.

if all of this sets the stage for better snow chances later in the month, then what could be better than that!

cne and esp nne are long overdue for some big synoptic snows and if we are to get lucky in between so be it but i think its just great news that we are trending into a stormier pattern which is the first step.

i am hoping we get into a pattern at some point this winter where there are coastals that bring heavy snow from the mid atlantic to all of new england, it has been a good while since we have seen any of those events.

Clearly it isn't a torch but tomorrow has a shot at 50 even here, more likely where he is and it's an open question as to how much it cools down on Saturday (low-mid 40's seem a good bet) and after that who knows. It's no secret that those who favor cold and snow are an overwhelming majority in these spaces but IMO all positions should be considered without people from the majority side telling those with differing positions to go away as they are not welcome here.

Sultan for the record while many of you were looking for winter with your turkeys i had said the pattern would change after the 15th and be in place towards the 19th/20th. That was 2+ weeks ago and without 772 pages of talk and based pretty much on what we could see from the op/ensembles at that time. No analogs, no roundy, no weeklies etc. kind of the same logic that has me up 3 dinners with my friend to the north ...when everyone else kept calling for regime change last December based on whatever they felt some chart showed that never materialized.

The "threat" at day 3-4 has faded for a few runs now. All of this hand wringing is over something at least 4-5 maybe 6 days away. Fantasyland a few years ago on these forums. Maybe model accuracy has improved so much so that it'll prove to not be fruitless to dissect each model run. We will see.

Mood flakes Sunday will be fun. But what looked like a few or advisory level potential a few days ago looks less and less now. Everything else is in the long range

So let me get this straight you'll call out Joe as trolling for today not being a torch when the last 2 years have mostly been....but you give a pass to snowfall accumulations several days in advance when it ends up sunny as "tongue and cheek" and you wonder why there's problems?

Maybe what Joe did was tongue and cheek and you're just being crabby today? Who's to know?

Sultan for the record while many of you were looking for winter with your turkeys i had said the pattern would change after the 15th and be in place towards the 19th/20th. That was 2+ weeks ago and without 772 pages of talk and based pretty much on what we could see from the op/ensembles at that time. No analogs, no roundy, no weeklies etc. kind of the same logic that has me up 3 dinners with my friend to the north ...when everyone else kept calling for regime change last December based on whatever they felt some chart showed that never materialized.

The "threat" at day 3-4 has faded for a few runs now. All of this hand wringing is over something at least 4-5 maybe 6 days away. Fantasyland a few years ago on these forums. Maybe model accuracy has improved so much so that it'll prove to not be fruitless to dissect each model run. We will see.

Mood flakes Sunday will be fun. But what looked like a few or advisory level potential a few days ago looks less and less now. Everything else is in the long range

Scott I took issue with the fact you guys act like most of us were expecting a KU right to the coast and used the term meltdowns as if most of us were kid wish casters. Perhaps the dominance of one has changed the reality of what the overwhelming majority thinks..

So let me get this straight you'll call out Joe as trolling for today not being a torch when the last 2 years have mostly been....but you give a pass to snowfall accumulations several days in advance when it ends up sunny as "tongue and cheek" and you wonder why there's problems?

Maybe what Joe did was tongue and cheek and you're just being crabby today? Who's to know?

Dude really/ "the torch rolls on and on and no end in sight" really? Again since you did not answer my question the other day, who exactly posted snowfall accumulations days in advance that I gave a pass to, and please dear God do not point to Kevin.

Dude really/ "the torch rolls on and on and no end in sight" really? Again since you did not answer my question the other day, who exactly posted snowfall accumulations days in advance that I gave a pass to, and please dear God do not point to Kevin.

It's tough when "SNE" covers such a wide area. S Ct may be torching when the N. Berks are seasonable. Despite the major reporting sights coming in well above climo this month I've had over a dozen nights below 20F since the begining of November so the torch talk has been baffling when I'm imby but for some I guess the torch really does roll on.

Poor souls, head NW young men. lol

It's tough when "SNE" covers such a wide area. S Ct may be torching when the N. Berks are seasonable. Despite the major reporting sights coming in well above climo this month I've had over a dozen nights below 20F since the begining of November so the torch talk has been baffling when I'm imby but for some I guess the torch really does roll on.

SNE is not a big area. Conn and RI are two of the smallest states in the country. Mass isn't that big either. How many SNEs can fit just into the upstate NY region? The departures across SNE are generally pretty uniform. Using tarmac normals to gauge backyard departures never works. BTW this is a banter thread, so as long as a post is weather related not sure why it has to go. Those have been the guidelines set for the banter threads.

We can go as far north and west as you want, the torch is and has been everywhere..............

December monthly departures........to date

albany+4.6

glenns falls ny+5.7

pittsfield mass+5.3

bennington vt+6.7

burlington vt +6.8

syracuse ny +8.1

the list goes on and on and on

Sorry guys for the meltdown. I've probably had less sleep than CoastalWx this week and last night was especially bad so you could say my fuse is short. That was unprofessional of me though so I apologize for jumping on a few people. In the end it isn't that big of a deal...when you're unconscious sometimes you aren't yourself. Randy didn't know we were trying to keep the threads separate either so no harm no foul. Maybe the pattern got to me. lol

Archived