Newest Member
    Toothache
December Forecast Discussion

Wow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you please explain?

The systems that will be moving in ahead of Christmas. There was talk of severe weather today and later this week with another system. Lots of action going on and instability around. Just saying it is very active and wondering if that makes it hard for the models to get a grasp on things beyond a couple of days.

The systems that will be moving in ahead of Christmas. There was talk of severe weather today and later this week with another system. Lots of action going on and instability around. Just saying it is very active and wondering if that makes it hard for the models to get a grasp on things beyond a couple of days.

You mean the storm that is still 5 days out in model land? Well, you want that storm to really " bomb out" in the northeast.

Are you referencing convective feedback issues? I don't think thats the case

Looks like it's going to be a classic Miller B on the 12z Euro. CAD signature very well pronounced. I don't see this run as being a whole lot different (colder or warmer) at first glance than the 0z run....certainly within the "noise" range for day 8-10.

Euro will not cut because of the block... classic ice storm set up here with a solid CAD signal overhead. It depends how far south this trough initially digs back west and and how quickly it cuts off as well to build up that south-central Canada block. The stronger that block is, the further south the low will be.. less block, the further north the primary low will get before tranferring to the coast.

It actually looks great for NC...though could be a snow to ice scenario.... @222 there is a 1028 high in around CT with a 1032 parked in western NY. Lots of moisture making it's way into NC. Would love to have met chime in on this as I'm not great with CAD setups.

It's in the 50's in NC, it's snowing in MO/KS, great winter storm for them.

It actually looks great for NC...though could be a snow to ice scenario.... @222 there is a 1028 high in around CT with a 1032 parked in western NY. Lots of moisture making it's way into NC. Would love to have met chime in on this as I'm not great with CAD setups.

where is the 0 C 850 line at 222 when much of the precip arrives?

If there is plenty of cold, dry air available (which I have no idea because I can't view any maps right now), what you're describing is a lock for a winter storm.....that's if that verifies and there's a legit cold air source.

Archived