• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

I think the NAM is too juicy, as it usually is at this time frame.... as of now, I think a compromise between the GFS and Euro is the way to go in terms of QPF.

Probably 0.3"ish here and 0.5"ish over your way. As of now, going to 2-4" for northern VT (closer to 2-3" out PF's way, 3-4" in the NEK). Probably 4-6" for you. Hopefully we can get that secondary to pop a little sooner.

As for wave 2, its a crap shoot on the operational guidance. Ensembles are better, but I think it may still end up being a messy mix for a lot of NNE, less northern Maine and maybe northern NH (like BML north).

If i had to throw out a number here based on the12z guidance it would be in the 4-7" range, But i won't lock in anything until after at least 0z, We are still roughly 3 days out

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha... time to just relax. It'll snow and we'll get ours at some point. Remember two days ago this thing was so far SE on the ECM that the second storm missed us completely. Definitely not even close to set in stone yet.

That's why i have no concerns, I think we will see some more shifts over the next few days, It was pretty far SE like you said and now it came back pretty far NW, I think this may end up somewhere in between once its all said and done

Haha... time to just relax. It'll snow and we'll get ours at some point. Remember two days ago this thing was so far SE on the ECM that the second storm missed us completely. Definitely not even close to set in stone yet.

no doubt PF. its easy to stare at little things and believe they are monumental. may not be the greatest skiing ever. but fortunately there are lots of other things to be thankful for.

IMG_3186.jpg

good morning NNE. nice start, 13F. Thoughts with all those in SNE.

I probably could have held off on the watch, but at that point I would just be punting to the day shift for the sake of punting. I'm 50/50 that we hit 6" in 12 hours or 9" in 24, so why not pull the trigger and get word out.

The hardest part was really determining the cutoff between one event and the next right behind it.

And he is right, There may not be a cut off between the 2

what a disastrous day of model runs for NNE. Winter sports cancel over the holidays. Sounds like I should get the motorbikes back out and put the snowmobiles away.

Saw a dude on his motorcycle yesterday in Hanover, NH. Not a good look for December 14th.

Snow's coming. I can feel it.

Looking at the big picture this morning on all fronts.

no doubt PF. its easy to stare at little things and believe they are monumental. may not be the greatest skiing ever. but fortunately there are lots of other things to be thankful for.

IMG_3186.jpg

good morning NNE. nice start, 13F. Thoughts with all those in SNE.

Wow man that is beautiful, and yea thanks bro, tough days

GFS totally different for storm number 2. Midlevels warm way up. 850 line in Canada. But look at the QPF. Holly cow. 3-4" for parts of CNE. Would this be a big ice storm for us? Would seem so if GFS wins over NAM. Sure looks like an interesting way either way after months of bordem!!

Archived