• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

Just had the best sunrise by far of the season... sun pillar over the Worcester Range, while Mansfield turned neon pink in alpenglow. Of course I'll post a photo or two this evening ;)

DAMN MEETINGS!

Had a dawn patrol all lined up. Bollocks.

Feeling a 3-6 event for wave one (Sun-Monday) across the greens and ADK. with the higher amts falling above 2500ft. Sleet, FRZ rain mixing in. Good base building stuff.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mornings like this that make me so happy I sold my business in Boston and moved to Central NH at a location of 1100 feet. Real winters up here why the poor guys on the coastal plain pull there hair out! Happy day everyone!

Gene

i will be up there someday, i'm sick of needing to route for 4 teleconnectors to look favorable for the CP of mass to cash in. lol

actually i'll be up there on mon-wed of this week in n conway, hope that the low elevations in town still do well. will be staying somewhere that is like 550' so hope it's cold enough

GFS....3-6" on Sunday night for a good part of the area but there's a pretty tight gradient of where precip makes it to the north. Looks like it rains for most of the area on Monday night-Tuesday. Maine does well on Tuesday but NH/VT looks like mostly rain I think.

Wouldn't put much stock in 1 GFS run 96 hours out lol. On the cell, how do the ens look?

From Gray's discussion:

THIS PLACES SNFL OVER MOST

OF THE CWFA...WITH A RAIN MIX ALONG THE COAST AND SOME PL MIXING

FOR THE SRN AND WRN MOST ZONES.

If Coastal York County gets screwed again, I am giving up. :axe:

I'm in coastal Cumberland, just over the line from York County, and have yet to experience a true white Christmas since moving here 8 years ago (I'm not counting the year that we had about an inch of rapidly melting remnant slop as we torched). Seems like we've had a few years like this one, where there's all sorts of chatter about snow chance after snow chance leading up to the holidays, and each of them finds a way to fail. Looks like we may get a couple inches Sunday night into Monday morning, to be followed by a wet mess. It's tough this time of year along the coast; everything has to be lined up just right, and right now the cold is so marginal.

Basically between the Nam, GFS and Euro we have a range of .50"-1.00" qpf for wave 1

I think the NAM is too juicy, as it usually is at this time frame.... as of now, I think a compromise between the GFS and Euro is the way to go in terms of QPF.

Probably 0.3"ish here and 0.5"ish over your way. As of now, going to 2-4" for northern VT (closer to 2-3" out PF's way, 3-4" in the NEK). Probably 4-6" for you. Hopefully we can get that secondary to pop a little sooner.

As for wave 2, its a crap shoot on the operational guidance. Ensembles are better, but I think it may still end up being a messy mix for a lot of NNE, less northern Maine and maybe northern NH (like BML north).

Just got a look at the individual GEFS members, and its not good for snow lovers in NNE...if you notice, there are a few members that don't develop a storm...these definitely skewed the mean to look great for NNE. There are 3-4 members with a full blown snowstorm though so, just stay tuned.

Consensus = probably a few inches of slop to rain for everyone except northern ME.

post-1818-0-17081000-1355512461_thumb.gi

Archived