• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Is it really looking like Christmas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely have post-storm depression.

I was almost going to make a thread concerning this topic. For the better part of a week, I was glued to the 'net tracking and getting as much info on the upcoming storm as I could. Now that it came and went, there is a weird sort of "emptyness". Kind of how you feel the day after Christmas.

Here's a video of the storm I took yesterday around this time when things were starting to ramp up. You'll hear/see a nice gust coming through starting about 0:20. It was pretty much like this for 5-6 hours straight, with a couple times we had much bigger gusts.

Forgive the my shakiness the first 10 seconds, and the 720 and 1080p quality setting's available too.

Nice pic Mag!

How soon before we can expect the SUPER STORM to head north.

Circulation is sure pounding WV.

It's getting there slowly but surely, but still going to be cold and unsettled for most of the rest of the work week with occasional rain showers and/or snow showers depending on one's location.

A few of us weather nerds went to the top of the ridge between State College and Philipsburg, and it was snowing pretty good up there. Only a coating on the ground, though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same kind of thing tonight in State College, if we can keep the precip around.

Took that last semester, I'm trying to remember what chapter we were on at this point in the semester... integrals? solids of revolution? Either way, good luck, it took me 2 tries to pass that class.

Currently it's chapter 11, the series...working through the tests for convergence/divergence...currently on alternating series.

This is my second go at it as well.

I just took a quick drive up the Allegheny Front on Rt 504 to just east of the radar dome. Light snow, 32-33° with a few tenths of accumulation. Just had to see my first flakes in October again this year. Foggy as hell up there, vis couldn't have been more than 35-40ft up top.

i was just speaking to the father of the owner of my company, he has been without power since Monday evening approx 6 pm. He said they have yet to see any rep from the power,phone or cable company. He said where the poles snapped and they dropped, they still lay. etc.

and ironically his house in Bethany Beach, wasn't touched, couple hundred yards from the ocean.

Here in Luzerne county, the schools all made a good choice to shut down for the storm. The college I work/teach at closed early Sunday afternoon. we opened up today.

We have seen several houses with damage. roofs or siding missing. Lots of trees down.

About 12:00 noon on Monday, I had to run to the church help with a funeral, ( I do sound and video for them). On my way to the church, I saw a cloud of white mist that came out of a side street. it had to be close to 60 mph and lasted for 20-30 seconds. WHen I drove though it (I have a jeep grand cherokee that weighs 6000 pounds) It was pushed to the next lane.

Amazing storm.

Doesn't look like much of a threat but I guess something to watch....maybe:

WILL NEED TO WATCH CLOSELY THE EVOLUTION OF THE SOUTHEAST COASTAL

TROF AND POTENTIAL DEEPENING OF A COASTAL LOW MONDAY INTO TUESDAY

OF NEXT WEEK...GIVEN FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL PATTERN ACROSS THE

CONUS. ECMWF DEPICTS A COLD AND DRY SOLUTION FOR PA...BUT WITH A

POTENT WINTER STORM DEVELOPING AND IMPACTING NEW ENGLAND BY

TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. CHANGES IN TIMING AND

INTENSITY OF THE PHASING WAVES COULD POTENTIALLY ALLOW THIS SYSTEM

TO IMPACT AREAS FARTHER WEST...PA...NEXT TUE AND WED...SO WILL

CONTINUE TO WATCH OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

Archived