• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Is it really looking like Christmas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Central gets 6-9", SE 7-11" and yes wmsptwx you get 4-6". Snowy run smile.png

I don't believe this works out good for us. In the wet snow moderate wind kind of way 925 winds of 100 with plenty of mixing potential - gonna change the oil in the genny a bit later and make sure the little red can are filled up.

South Central gets 6-9", SE 7-11" and yes wmsptwx you get 4-6". Snowy run smile.png

Axis of heaviest runs right up I-81 and there's not much once you get back to AOO/UNV. Def cold enough for snow, though maybe a bit marginal in places ratio wise. My rough take on the run is probably more of a widespread 4-8" (with highest totals at elevation) all things considered. Seems to be taking a more eastern PA favored track for sure. Gonna need to make the turn up the coast earlier (say inside Hatteras/ thru far eastern NC) to really get true central involved good. Yet another deep run pressure wise getting to about 980.

Also, it's nice seeing the full 0z euro run before 3am again.

Sorry looked east to me. Here is some accurate info though,..lol. GFS has been pretty consistent with it's track, just a little too far east for us CPAers. Meaningful precip gets to Poconos.

It's the "well east" thing. That's all. Think about what you are saying when you post and how it might be taken. Just saying so you don't get any grief.

GFS is consistent but so is the Euro so far.

Sorry looked east to me. Here is some accurate info though,..lol. GFS has been pretty consistent with it's track, just a little too far east for us CPAers. Meaningful precip gets to Poconos.

From the NWS Mt Holly discussion...just saying....please read

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

THE 04/00Z ECMWF IS SUBTLY FURTHER EAST IN ITS APPROACH, AND THEN IT

LIES WITHIN THE RELATIVELY NARROW RANGE OF ITS TWO PREVIOUS RUNS.

THE SAME IS TRUE FOR ITS TIMING IF YOU SUBSTITUTE "SUBTLY SLOWER"

(THAT`S NOT A MIDNIGHT SHIFT MISTAKE) FOR "SUBTLY FURTHER EAST."

It's the "well east" thing. That's all. Think about what you are saying when you post and how it might be taken. Just saying so you don't get any grief.

GFS is consistent but so is the Euro so far.

From the NWS Mt Holly discussion...just saying....please read

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

THE 04/00Z ECMWF IS SUBTLY FURTHER EAST IN ITS APPROACH, AND THEN IT

LIES WITHIN THE RELATIVELY NARROW RANGE OF ITS TWO PREVIOUS RUNS.

THE SAME IS TRUE FOR ITS TIMING IF YOU SUBSTITUTE "SUBTLY SLOWER"

(THAT`S NOT A MIDNIGHT SHIFT MISTAKE) FOR "SUBTLY FURTHER EAST."

This is why I don't too often analyze on the board what the models are showing. Sure I look at them, but I defer to the trained meteorologists and knowledgeable amateurs for analysis and reasoning.

This is why I don't too often analyze on the board what the models are showing. Sure I look at them, but I defer to the trained meteorologists and knowledgeable amateurs for analysis and reasoning.

During storm threats I swear that nearly every night around GGEM time someone posts a map and description of changes with the previous days GGEM run thinking its the new one.

Precip goes back pretty far west

but warm. I think the bias is for it to be warm but I am not sure about that. 977 is crazy.

Yea GGEM has been the deepest model of the bunch as usual. And look at the high too.. thats a fairly strong one at 1036mb. Sets up a heck of a gradient.

12z Euro is nice. Very similar to yesterday's 12z Euro, and even a bit colder overall.

EURO is colder at 850. Looks like 0 -> -2 for all of Central PA through the event. That plus precip falling at night and decent dynamics would yield at least advisory types snow, as per 12z EURO. But this is just my opinion and not gospel by any means.

Climo shows that accumulating snow has happened during early November in: 1987, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2003 & 2009 so what the EURO shows isn't outside the realm of possibility.

12z Euro is nice. Very similar to yesterday's 12z Euro, and even a bit colder overall.

EURO is colder at 850. Looks like 0 -> -2 for all of Central PA through the event. That plus precip falling at night and decent dynamics would yield at least advisory types snow, as per 12z EURO. But this is just my opinion and not gospel by any means.

Climo shows that accumulating snow has happened during early November in: 1987, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2003 & 2009 so what the EURO shows isn't outside the realm of possibility.

how far back does precip go?

Wait Euro still showing snow?

Time to get down the shovels. Gonna be fun reading you guys' thoughts the next few days. Bring it!

One other piece of interesting information. The 12z GFS ensembles now show 8 of the 12 members with a sub 980 low. Looks like a growing consensus for at least a strong coastal storm. A stronger storm might also be able to wind up closer to the coast and wrap in some colder air.

http://raleighwx.ame...rs/12zf090.html

Archived