amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting here in darkness with a remarkably strong signal and the wind howling is howling throughout the house. A large pine imby fell and clipped the side of my house breaking the bedroom window and damaging the roof. It then proceeded to seesaw over my house and into my driveway crushing my car's windshield and possibly more. When will this thing fkin end?

Parents have lost internet so I won't get updates on the wx station there. TTN ASOS may have also lost power. My parents have a generator and the Davis has batteries so the home Davis should keep recording data even if the power goes out, but I probably won't have any further updates til morning.

Sitting here in darkness with a remarkably strong signal and the wind howling is howling throughout the house. A large pine imby fell and clipped the side of my house breaking the bedroom window and damaging the roof. It then proceeded to seesaw over my house and into my driveway crushing my car's windshield and possibly more. When will this thing fkin end?

Oh, wow. That's kind of harsh. Stay safe!

Lost power about 4 hours ago - huge, 4-foot diameter oak tree across the street just fell and took down a bunch of wires. Am on a cell phone hotspot occasionally and probably won't have power for days, if I had to guess. Wife says hot spot power doesn't last long, although we do have a large battery charger device all charged up (not sure how long that lasts, either). Probably won't be posting much from here on. Wish I had the TV to see the coverage - have no idea how bad it got, especially along the Shore.

However, I did just spend about 15 minutes walking around outside (avoiding trees, of course) and it's unfreakingbelievably amazing out there! Apart from the downed tree and no power, the power of nature is simply awesome. Wish we could have weather like this all the time without causing damage or hurting people. Will check back in later.

Archived