Newest Member
    northernriwx
October 2012 Observations & Discussions

earthlight

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the verification for a freeze?

Reaching 32 degrees. There is no real standard for a frost. For a frost, frost just has to be visible. I've seen 40 degree mornings with frost on the grass, and I've seen 33 degree mornings with no frost. It depends on how windy and humid it is. For a good frost, you need calm winds and high humidity.

Reaching 32 degrees. There is no real standard for a frost. For a frost, frost just has to be visible. I've seen 40 degree mornings with frost on the grass, and I've seen 33 degree mornings with no frost. It depends on how windy and humid it is. For a good frost, you need calm winds and high humidity.

What could create such an extreme temperature gradient between 2 meters and the ground? 40 degrees with frost is crazy!

What could create such an extreme temperature gradient between 2 meters and the ground? 40 degrees with frost is crazy!

Yeah 40F sounds a bit warm to me. Highest temp I've seen w/ scttd frost is about 37F, even 38's pushing it. Tough to get isolated frost > 37 except maybe on car windows.

Archived