• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
October 2012 Observations & Discussions

earthlight

I am at 51 now here in Western Nassau. LGA is getting a light breeze off the warm water.

Their ASOS is like 50 feet from the water. But can the thin East River affect them that much when there's a north wind bringing in cooler temps?

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or would this type of setup in winter be so much fun to watch.. Moisture developing to our south with a cold front having come through the day before... If this is how things set up in the coming months, it could be a pretty fun winter..

Jeff

Too much virga. There would have been meltdowns, even if it wasn't meant to be a big storm. Remember December 2009? Lol that was fun to watch.

Gorgeous day. A 48 degree rain is much different to me in October than it is in April -- with the latter, it's just miserable, and at the end of a long cold season. Now, it's a welcome change from the seemingly eternal warmth we've had since March. Finally the wretched humidity of last week has vanished, and we've reached that point in the season when climo suggests 80F days are very unlikely from this point forward. I'm sure we'll see plenty of 70s in Oct and Nov, hopefully not Dec/Jan, but the step-down to winter has begun,

Big time EPO flip on tap.

The cold shot for next weekend seems to be losing a bit of steam. 12z data not as enthused with the southward penetration of sub 0c 850mb airmass. Earlier runs had us -2 or -3c at 850 for Fri/Sat but now the GFS/ECM have us closer to 0c for that period. I'm hoping it gets cool enough for a frost..

The cold shot for next weekend seems to be losing a bit of steam. 12z data not as enthused with the southward penetration of sub 0c 850mb airmass. Earlier runs had us -2 or -3c at 850 for Fri/Sat but now the GFS/ECM have us closer to 0c for that period. I'm hoping it gets cool enough for a frost..

I noticed the daily departures coming up also, but the spots that radiate could do very well under that big high in the early am.

Archived