• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Fall Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

I can't believe how terrible this thread is.

The mets that have blogs hype immensely so you keep reading their blogs. DT has gotten more sensationalized over the years (surprisingly). Steve D has more presence but he was just awful to begin with.. beating a decaying corpse of a horse but Valentine's Day Storm 2007 was such a dreadful forecast on his part and he never wavered until after the sleet was falling.

But yes, of course they want you to think it's going to snow. Because no-one pays attention to the weather during the winter if it's not going to snow. I've literally only been checking the EURO twice a day because there's nothing going on. I've been ignoring the daily weather forecast for a while now & it's been reliably warm. Was quite surprised at the rain this weekend but looks like we're back to warmth next week.

I accidentally wore my parka out today because it was raining so I assumed it would be cold. Wrong. It was like a sauna out today. Awful.

:blahblah:

all i hear from you

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool not sure,where your from but here on the island it's only snowed once and that was in Nov kind of like last year when it snowed in October.. Also I never said the pattern didn't look good coming up point was that we heard that a million times last year so don't act like it's crazy for me to bring up last year when I hate to tell you that many people have already posted comments about the same thing......

The threat is still a week out. No one knows what is going to happen just yet.

It's a banter thread

agreed still a week out but until the euro corrects itself can't belive the GFS because the GFS has been all over the place run to run so far

yes its a banter thread - so anything thats not offensive to someone personally should be allowed to stay up...........

agreed still a week out but until the euro corrects itself can't belive the GFS because the GFS has been all over the place run to run so far

yes its a banter thread - so anything thats not offensive to someone personally should be allowed to stay up...........

All the models have been all over the place.

All the models have been all over the place.

lets face it until the pacific becomes more favorable and stops helping to pump up the dreaded southeast ridge and the PNA goes to even or slightly positive this is going to be a progressive pattern with quick shots of colder air which doesn't stick around - so in order to get a snowstorm here we will have to have perfect timing .......

lets face it until the pacific becomes more favorable and stops helping to pump up the dreaded southeast ridge this is going to be a progressive pattern with quick shots of colder air which doesn't stick around - so in order to get a snowstorm here we will have to have perfect timing .......

Not if a west based -NAO can get established. If that gets established which the models are showing, we will see a stormy period. If we want cold air to be sustained, we need the PNA to go positive like you said.

This pretty much sums up the uncertainty of what lies ahead:

• Saturday Night

A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow between midnight and 3am, then a chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Sunday

A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

• Sunday Night

A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

• Monday

A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

• Monday Night

A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

• Tuesday

A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

• Tuesday Night

A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

• Wednesday

A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Archived